This trip was for myself,single lady with teenage son.....been before with many other family members and very different this time. i found it is the staff in this hotel that are BRILLIANT.,so friendly ,helpful and mostly young and ambitious..... where do you find such lovely staff?
i had a busy time here with swimming,best quiet time 7am.and able to sort of play grand piano in Meikle bar early morning. going for breakfast alone is hard but all staff friendly though very busy. we mostly had delicious panninis in the HUB and even a take away pizza from Piccolo restaurant.this suited my son and myself...
my teenager did go to cinema on his own. Also sometimes for breakfast ,alst minute 9.55am ,ps teenagers dont wish to really get up so early.but as we had paid for breakfast he did...slept in one day and i was able to get some fruit for him....... however it was too doubting for him to go alone to any activities .best if there is other family members around....so played on DS ...but okay....( as we I have a Mum in local care home we did go down there quite a lot) Also as Crieff is such a lovely friendly town and even teenager was fine to walk around it and get bus to Stirling!!!!
There is a lovely affable and amiable atmosphere at the Hydro which i loved,I am sure my larger family will be up here again....and teenager will find lots to do then.
Thanks to all the team at the Hydro as it is all the staff here that make this hotel special.
PS There is a saying “If you find the perfect hotel beware of it ..... because you will still find fault in it. ..” so come to an Hotel that is always willing to improve and take note of what customers say.........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland