Our stay at the Crieff Hydro was the most pleasant and memorable family holiday we have ever had. We stayed in room 513/Loch Tay self catering between 4th & 11th July 2014.
From the first contact by phone everyone and everything they did for me and my family were professional and to a very high standard.
Highlights for my kids were Gary Dunn's magic show and Big Country (Very efficient and friendly even under pressure!) and the Piccolo restaurant. For myself and the wife, the Meikle restaurant waited on by Klara who was attentive and great with the kids and carried out her duties admirably. From an entertainment standpoint, '2entertain' were by far the best singing duo and her rendition of Let it go, well, it was like Demi Lovato was singing at the Crieff Hydro!, but seriously, they were fantastic!
A special thanks to the staff at the stables who made both our daughters first horse rides/hack unforgettable!
From a general staff point I did not see anyone slacking the entire week and everyone was working hard and management should be very appreciative of the wonderful staff they have working for them.
Complaints? can't think of any, only recommendations for the chalet, maybe additional internal lock security on the veranda door in case the kids decide to do a bunk on us during the night.
From the kids: more bouncy castle!!!
Over the years we have tried various other family holiday offerings around Scotland and you can't beat the Crieff Hydro in my opinion, loads of things for the kids to do with some pampering for the parents. I recommend a nice romantic dinner in the Meikle with your wife while the kids are at Big Country, the prices are very reasonable considering the surroundings and high standard of service.
We only left the resort once to go to Edinburgh Zoo, we did not feel we had to leave as there was so much to do, they even had a mini zoo one morning!
If we could have extended our holiday at the Crieff Hydro, we would have and pretty sure we will be back next year.....watch out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arguably the most comprehensive family resort in Scotland, 4 star Crieff Hydro is centrally located in its own 900 acre estate with an unrivaled range of leisure pursuits for all ages. Choose from over 40 on-site leisure activities and take advantage of inclusive daily childcare for 2-12 year olds in the 700m2 kids club. Extensively redeveloped from top to bottom, Crieff Hydro is only an hours drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotelopia and LateRooms so you can book your Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crieff Hydro Hotel Crieff
- Crieff Hydro Resort
- Crieff Hotel Hydro
- Crieff Hydro Scotland
- Crieff Hydro Hotel And Resort Scotland