“Greasy, reheated frozen food”
Review of The Venue at No 24 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Dropped in as it was open on sunday and looked nice. However, the food was awful. My wife had lasagne - it was the worst she has ever had - looked like something out of a frozen packet. Her chips were soggy/greasy and some were uncooked/others were quite dark in colour(!). My daughter had orange chicken nuggets (which she loved, but I was horrified about how they looked colour-wise). I had fish and chips - again, the fish looked like it was out of a frozen packet - it was very greasy and on the edge of not being cooked, my chips were similar to my wife. We felt quite unwell after trying to make the best of it and eat it. We left after the mains (I considered not paying at all, but to be honest I did not want an argument as we were on holiday) and had desert and coffee at Avanti - an italian place up the road that we should have gone to in the first place for the whole meal. Avoid if you can.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were looking for something a bit special as a treat and the menu looked good and prices ok. The best value turned out to be the wine. The toast for the pate was only charred on one side and had to be sent back.The steaks were tasty but the vegetables/salad almost non existent. Service was ok if somewhat disinterested.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

stopped in for a bit of lunch today, soup and a sandwich. lovely food, freshly made. server was very friendly, price reasonable.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were visiting the Crieff Hydro and 8 of our party visited on Sunday lunchtime. It was almost of Fawlty Tower proportion!,
One decided on Nachos and Chilliand boy was it chilly, after returning it for. A second time, my friend even told them how to heat it up! The lasagne was solid and the soup took 45 minutes to come.
The service was appalling and the staff seemed to have no idea how to run a cafe! As a group of beyond middle aged ladies, we really wanted to sort them out as they didn't have a clue!
Really avoid for a quick Sunday lunch, if you are ever in Crieff

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We visited this cafe for lunch on a Saturday - looked OK from the outside with sofas & toys, but I have to say the food was dreadful! My husband & I had the cheeseburger and it was just a plain bun, really cheap 'economy' style burger, slab of cheap cheese & limp salad. For £8!!! The kids pizza was just a reheated microwave pizza. The chips looked good, but tasted very odd ... maybe fried in some strange oil? We were the only people there, which we attributed to an early arrival but maybe the locals know better? Shame, as I'm sure we visited the same place a couple of years ago and had nice coffee & cake, but per other review this place seems to have changed hands since then. We bailed out and went to the cafe at the swingpark after lunch for coffee & cake this time!