“Quirky cafe”

Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had a very tasty lunch during our Hydro weekend and have to say I don't know why other reviews are so negative. Our lunch was tasty, reasonably priced and served by a lovely wee lassie. The decor was quirky and loved the LP placemats. Music playing in the background was brilliant and we knew everyone of the 60 s songs! Friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I went there with my family for a lunch. Menu looked okay. We ordered luke warm drinks arrived at the table in scratched glasses with no ice. It took 30min for a burger, portion of chips and half a pizza to arrive in a quite restaurant. I should have just canceled the order as soon as I heard the microwave ping, which then kept on pinging till we got our food. The food arrived, the burger seemed okay, portion of chips with cheese arrived which was cheap processed cheese melted over the chips. Definitely a microwave situation. My half pizza arrived to my astonishment. The pizza base was a cheap, frozen base that tasted of cardboard. There was 4 pieces of chicken on 4 slices in total. The cheese was once again cheap processed cheese ripped into strips. No just to clear the air there was not many things on this pizza to anyone's standards. The cherry on top was the fact that my pizza was cremated. I would not even serve this to my dog.
Once we paid a astounding £27 for this meal, I could also not pay by card and had to run to the nearest bank to draw cash. There was also no notification up regarding the payment situation. Upon confronting the owner/chef he didn't apologise and said if I told him earlier about the pizza he would replace it. My reply was that I don't want a replacement.
I am shocked that a establishment like this still serves to the public
In short, even if this is the last remaining place to eat in this world, I would rather starve.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Poor service, unable even to make a basic soup, dirty unkept toilets - a blot on the town's reputation.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stopped off in Crieff for one night and came across this lovely little café/bistro.....the chef had been about to close up for the night but happily stayed open to serve us. We had lovely starters and shared tapas which was excellent...fab puddings too....great service and all at a very reasonable price too.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Casual décor to put one at ease. Good selection of food and wine list.The guy who runs it is a chef so the food is above your average café fare and being local is informative about the area.
Would visitagain