“Excellent place to eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Fish Bar

Central Fish Bar
Ranked #26 of 47 Restaurants in Crieff
Cuisines: Fast food, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place to eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

After a busy day out and about in Perthshire, my family and I decided to have a well needed meal in The Central Fish Bar. With it being a Saturday night the shop was queued with customers taking away but we sat in the café. The service was friendly and quick considering the amount of customers. Most of us had the fish teas which for £7.50 was fantastic - the fish was big and also served with a generous helping of chips, peas and bread and butter. The price also included tea or coffee. My kids (8 and 5) choose from the kids menu, one had sausage and chips and the other had chicken dippers and chips both priced at £3.25. The portions were great and it was good to see proper chicken dippers being used instead of cheap processed nuggets that are usually served in fast food places. Overall the visit to Central Fish Bar was a 10/10 and would definitely eat there again if in the Perthshire area!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lucy s

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“childs meal consisted of just 2 chicken nuggets, despicable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I revisited this restaurant with my friend and her 3 yr old son, as I had been taken here, often, by my parents when growing up, and it was always a treat.

Not this time.

Our 2 teas when they came were served with a jug of soured milk. The service was incredibly slow, even though we were the only customers on a Sunday evening.

But worst of all, the childs portion of chicken nuggets consisted of just 2 nuggets. That's a joke.
Is this the meanest restaurant in Crieff, or even in Perthshire?

we complained about the milk at the time, but were too tired and hungry after a lovely day sightseeing to mention the Nuggets, and didn't want the boy to have to wait any longer. I will follow this up with a written complaint.

my childhood memories now tainted, and this child, a possible future customer, who lives locally, will not grow up to be a fan either.

• Visited June 2013