“Awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Turriff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

After receiving our order which was delivered to us we were shocked at the quality of the food. Within an order for 6 diners NONE of us ate never mind enjoyed any of our meals. Description of spring rolls and curry below are spot on!! None of the sauces tasted remotely like what they should have. I don't usually write reviews for restaurants but felt it essential to warn others!!!

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

Horrible!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Callum P

“Please go somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Was the only customer in the shop at 5.30 on a Saturday night - I should have taken the hint and gone somewhere else...unfortunately I didn't and so ordered spring rolls, bbq spare ribs, and combinations of chicken and beef curry.
The price was at the top end for a Chinese compared to similar places in major city centres. They did throw in a free 2l bottle of juice which I realise with hindsight was a form of apology in advance.
Let's start with the spring rolls; inedible. They had not been cooked long enough so the batter was still wet and soggy, the contents could be eaten on their own, however as there was no seasoning, it was basically a pile of partially cooked beansprouts.
Curry; such a simple sauce, I understand that the amount of spice varies by restaurant, but this is the first curry sauce I have ever eaten that has no spice. If you like bread sauce in chicken or beef with well fried rice, you're in the right place.
In summary, it's over priced awful food. The locals are obviously aware of this hence the lack of customers, I hope this review is helpful to visitors to the area like us who simply want a half decent take away.

• Visited November 2013