“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
West Lothian
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Myself and a friend stayed for one Sunday night through an Itison deal - what a fabulous offer. Room was ok for the price, staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I was ill during my stay and couldn't eat much. After leaving most of my meal at night, I explained to the waiter I was ill and had no appetite. He said, "don't worry, if you're hungry later we'll put on some chips for you to have." Very kind. A lovely atmosphere in the hotel, the breakfast was nice and the lounge/bar area was very relaxing. I have visited twice and have always enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrieffHydroHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Murraypark Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thanks for your lovely review numbnads. It's just a shame that you weren't well enough to fully enjoy your latest stay. With any luck you'll return soon, when we'll 'pull out all the stops' to make sure you have a great time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was our second visit to this hotel and we had no complaints at all. The entire staff could not have been more helpful or more pleasant, the rooms we had (19 and 20) were large & airy - I would have liked a bath but the shower was fine. The dining room staff were very friendly & the reception staff went a long way to making us feel very welcome. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We knew that we were in for a great review when we spotted your title and top score Helen J and you didn't disappoint. Thanks for your recommendation too. Hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back for another relaxing stay before long.
Bo'ness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We enjoyed a return visit to the Murraypark, a Groupon deal shared with friends. Rooms were in the original part of the hotel and very good. We had a B&B deal but also ate dinner in the restaurant. The menu has been improved since our last visit giving an excellent choice and food of an excellent standard. The hotel was busy, no doubt due to the deal, however, although the service was slow at times, all staff were pleasant and helpful. Special mention must be made of the reception and bar staff who were exceptionally helpful and friendly, it was a pleasure dealing with them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review, NancyS49. It's great to hear that you liked the changes that we've made since your last visit. Thanks too for the special mentions, which buoy all the team. Here's hoping we'll be welcoming you back before long.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

stayed the 1st weekend in march,made reservation over website via my debitcard they debited the accomadation fee from my bank account on arrival without my knowledge?.on checkout day they deducted the fee again.result unknowing paid twice twice!! i did not find out till we got home unfortunetly from my bank ,telling me i was overdrawn and would be incurring bank charges! shame on their accounts? spoiled my wifes birthday weekend!

Room Tip: try to book room in the main building extension/annexe quite noisy and far away
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank philbren71
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Come here often with my kids. They love the proper bunk beds in the family rooms. Excellent being able to use facilities of hydro and plenty to do and see in local area. Food always nice and restaurants surrounding is pleasant as is the open fire in the bar. Overall a comfortable stay always.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Was passing through Crieff on way to Dundee and thought it was time to stop, booked a room over the phone no problem.
Checked in by the assistant manager lovely girl and very helpful, went for dinner bed & breakfast deal fantastic value.
Stayed in room 13 - perfect modern clean and comfortable.
Went down for dinner three courses all as good as I have had in any hotel and I travel all over Scotland, waiting staff a credit to the hotel.
Breakfast delicious
If there is a better hotel in Crieff for the value and service I will be surprised .
We'll done Murray Park if I stay I Crieff any time soon you will be the first place I call number saved to contacts

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Inverness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

So me and my family chose Murray park hotel for a wee new year get away. How disappointing. I can't believe we wasted not only our money but the time we had away here. Completely disappointed with our room it was positively ghastly. Our room was cold and felt unwelcoming. The staff seemed to give you the cold shoulder when you try to get their attention. The lack of assistance when needed was shocking. And I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone, not even to an enemy of mine. Cold. Dull. And down right disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014
7 Thank bitsybob7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa
Gleneagles
Gleneagles
#1 of 4 in Auchterarder
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,918 reviews

Been to Murraypark Hotel? Share your experiences!