“"Pampering spa day" with no spa access???”
Review of Crieff Hydro Spa

Crieff Hydro Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Crieff
More attraction details
Owner description: Forget about wild claims and radical theories. Our approach to spa beauty is simple: to help you look and feel your very best. Whether you're looking for the ultimate in relaxation or deep rejuvenation, it's good to know we've been taking our guests' wellbeing to heart since 1868.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A girls day out that ended up an embarrassing and insulting experience.

I had phoned Crieff Hydro to book a spa day for myself and two friends the week before the planned date. The girl on the phone was very helpful and informative, I explained that we were looking to use the full spa facilities and have a treatment and she suggested the 'just the tonic' package which also included afternoon tea. This was exactly what we were looking for. We had no problems with booking the spa day.

We arrived, after driving for over an hour, in the early afternoon looking forward to our relaxing afternoon. We were directed to the hair and beauty reception where we "checked in". I was then asked if I would like to upgrade my spa package? Slightly puzzled and unsure I asked what the other options were. The therapist simply replied "would you like to upgrade your package to use the spa facilities?"

So the "pampering spa day" I had booked, in confidence, in actual fact doesn't include the use of the spa!!!! It was then explained to me that the sales department don't always get the spa packages correct and therefore I would need to pay an extra £21 to use the spa on top of the £165 I had already paid!

As I tried to explain that this is not my fault that the sales dept often get it wrong, it was then flipped around and suddenly I was told that I had misunderstood the information on the phone several times. Despite the package being explained and confirmed to me several times. What is the point going to a spa day if the spa is not included??

I was so embarrassed and disappointed in the way I was treated at Crieff hydro and despite speaking to a more senior member of staff, the issue was not resolved and I was made to pay the extra money. I was offered a "three for two" by a manager, however, this further cheapened the luxury experience I was really hoping for - it was like being at a supermarket.

As a regular consumer of spa days this was by the far the most disappointing! I even had to ask for a towelled dressing gown and slippers... Much to the therapists inconvenience.

Completely dissatisfied with the whole experience. I would certainly never recommend to anyone.

8  Thank Laura J
Crieff_Hydr0, Manager at Crieff Hydro Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Laura J,

How sad to see your review this morning, and our first one as well.

I’m really sorry that you were unable to enjoy your Spa day as planned and for the disappointment this caused. I can only apologise that your Spa Day inclusions weren’t communicated effectively and I’ll talk this through with our team.

The ‘Just the Tonic’ package was designed as a ‘Ladies who lunch’ offering; an express treatment and then a yummy afternoon tea with Hendricks Gin and Tonic. I would love to have the opportunity to hear more about your experience and to try and make it right, please contact me at 01764 651610 or by email at fiona.young@crieffhydro.com

Best,
Fiona

All reviews
"victorian spa"
in 10 reviews
"tea and coffee facilities"
"family room"