The Famous Bein Inn
TripAdvisor
Strawearn House(Glenfarg)
All reviewsribeye steaklog firesuperb foodcooked to perfectionbreakfast was includedlounge arealovely mealfriendly welcomefull scottishfirst classlovely locationsalmonbienperthjimaleswee
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

First of all excellent food, one of the best meals we have had in a long time... Well done kitchen....!

However your front of house let you down, service was slow, one waitress on between the bar and the restaurant (and that was on a Sunday at 5pm) not great as it was very busy ...! Waitress seemed stressed and not very happy and the lady behind the bar just seemed lost....!

We bit more staff to help out would make this an excellent place to visit and would also possibly make your staff happier ...!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just back from a lovely stay at the Bein Inn. We were needing a wee break after our daughters wedding last weekend. Had great food and bed so comfy we slept until 10.40 unheard of for my hubby. Host Jim & Theresa made use feel so very welcome. As Arnie would say "hasta la vista I'll be back. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed at the Bein Inn several times in the past six months and can honestly say that I have never been disappointed and that, despite the fact that prior to retirement I stayed in 5 star hotels around the world.

The rooms vary from reasonable size to very large and spacious, they are clean, warm and comfortable ( I have been in four different ones ) flat screen tv, coffee/tea making facilities with an ample supply of biscuits, free toiletries, a proper sized bath towel and a shower that is probably the most powerful that I have ever encountered.

Having a pre dinner drink in front of the roaring log fire is a pleasure which is seriously limited in modern hotels but is the norm in the Bein Inn

Like others who have reviewed this hotel I can only add that the food is superb, freshly cooked local produce, beautifully presented and served with a smile. Ranging from locally sourced venison, salmon or even wild boar to more simple dishes if that is what you are looking for.

I can honestly say that I have had some of the best hotel meals ever and my guests and I have always enjoyed every visit, the new owners seem to go out of their way to ensure that everything is exactly as you would want it and are always on hand to give any advice you may need, even the chefs will come out of the kitchen to explain how a dish is produced if you are unsure.

On most visits I have been asked if I require a packed lunch and they will also offer to give you a prepacked breakfast the previous night if you have an early start.

If you are looking for home comforts, friendly staff, excellent food and service then it cannot be faulted. the one telling sign is the number of locals who dine there on a regular basis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stopped here for a meal with my elderly in-laws.
Food was excellent and I can recommend the venison and steak pie!
The staff and new owners were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have frequented this restaurant several times in the last few months and not once did this restaurant fail to provide me with a special night out.

From the minute I walk in the door the service has been first class. I have always been greeted by the staff with a warm smile and excellent service.

The food is always superb, perfectly cooked with great prices, very ample portions and the presentation is what you would expect from a much more expensive restaurant. The chefs obviously have a talent for producing very fine dishes as I delight, along with my companion guests on their culinary skills!

They have a 'specials' menu as an addition to the normal menu so there is always ample choice. The menus are changed regularly so if you are local you don't have to be concerned about the monotony of the food being served.

The owners are so very friendly and always ensure our visit is made special.

I notice that they cater well for groups and special events and I understand the new owners are in the process of developing new ways to provide other services to the local community. It feels so good to have a place like this in our area. A perfect location too for a walker, a tourist or a cyclist, whether you want a hearty meal or simply a snack and superb coffee!

Thank you Bein Inn!