We came here in a party of six as part of a deal for an overnight stay and the Taster menu. The room was fabulous and the Taster menu was in the main very good. The hotel is spotless and the views over Loch Earn and the mountains are beautiful. However, we felt as if we were an imposition on the owners. We were there as part of a 'deal' and prepared to spend more as a result, but we were rushed into the restaurant at half seven ('I won't offer you pre-dinner drinks so we can get you to your table'), although we said we'd have more wine we never got the chance to order any. Our coffee was served very quickly and we had to suggest that we might have liqueurs, the bar shut at half ten, and at quarter to eleven the owner said he was going to bed, put all the lights off in the surrounding rooms and told us to 'keep the noise down' as there were bedroom upstairs. The 'noise' was us laughing as we played a board game supplied by the hotel! The owners missed an opportunity not only for us to spend considerably more that we were able to, but also for us to go away feeling that we mattered and thus give a better review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you want action packed activity, or just to relax and unwind, the Achray House Hotel and Lodges are ideal for a break away from the stresses and strains of modern life. With a choice between comfortable bedrooms in the hotel, or well appointed self catering lodges, you can choose accommodation to suit your mood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Achray House Hotel and Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Achray House Hotel St. Fillans
- Achray Hotel St Fillans
- The Achray House Hotel And Lodges St Fillans, Scotland