“Just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of TGI Fridays - CLOSED

TGI Fridays
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Went on Sunday night for dinner before heading upstairs for drinks etc. Its basically a burger kinda place so I wasn't expecting anything exciting. The staff were nice enough to us, our food was served in decent time and it was ok. Its absolutely over priced for what you get. I cant shout from the roof tops about this place but I also cant say we wont be back as its convenient for when your at Intu Braehead.

Chapelhall, Scotland, United Kingdom
“birthday visit -yet again !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

we visited as a family for a birthday lunch before going upstairs to the cinema. The waitress was very helpful and orders taken very promptly. Our bottomless cokes were topped up without looking around for our server so very attentive - our starters eventually came and everything was excellent - we had to wait a really long time for our mains to come - I was told no prawn skewers available as a side order but offered the crispy prawns instead - I took salmon fillet but it had the terrible earthy taste that some cheap salmon has and only ate less than half - even the cheesy mash tasted like smash , and not cheesy at that. My husbands monster burger was different from last time and he wasn't keen, and my daughters sweet potato fries were well over-cooked. This experience won't totally put me off - probably use a different TGI and will never order salmon in there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We visited on a Saturday evening and as you might expect it was busy which meant a 30 minute wait for a table. This itself was not a problem, however, once seated the experience was underwhelming. Our server was pleasant enough and our drinks order arrived quickly, however, our food, which was ordered at the same time as the drinks arrived 30-40 minutes after we ordered and we had to enquire about how long it would be. We had all ordered burgers, my own had already cooled significantly and the fries were overcooked. My wife's burger arrived five minutes after the rest of the party's food and was served with mayo (she had asked for no mayo specifically). Her fries were undercooked. Both the boys polished off their food in double quick time so I can only assume theirs was okay. One of the staff did come to check our food was okay but having smiled and enquired, didn't actually wait for a response from us and moved on. For the first time in years we purposely avoided leaving a tip.

Positives: friendly staff, decent drinks service
Challenges: slow service, lack of attention to detail, food did not all arrive together, variable quality of food,

I don't expect to return to this restaurant despite many previous excellent experiences in other branches of TGI Fridays

London, United Kingdom
“Bad service, poor food, bad value for money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

On a weekday evening in an under-half-full restaurant with plenty of staff, you'd expect things to go well. They didn't. From a sticky table, seat and menu due to whatever previous guests spilt that hadn't been cleared up, things got off to a bad start. Service was slow and unhelpful. The music was so loud you couldn't hear what anyone said. The drinks were flat on arrival, the first time and the next 2 times when I asked them to be replaced. I ordered a main with chips and a side of shrimp. The chips turned up first - limp and cold; then the main (also cool) and 10 minutes late the shrimp appeared - a single food item was treated as though it was a 3 course meal. I'll never go back, things were that bad!

Visited July 2014
Scotland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My partner and I visited TGI Fridays on a Saturday night in July and had a 40 minute wait for a table, which we were happy to wait for as we like the food. We got our menu and service was terribly slow and ordered our starter and main course, I ordered from gluten free menu and my partner ordered from normal menu, We waited ages for starter and then half way through the starter the server came back and said that the burgers we had ordered for the main course wre no longer avaialable as they were crumbling on the gridlle, we had to order something else and had to wait for ages for that and I had ordered a chicken dish with fries but when it came it had cheese mash which I never ordered and spoiled my whole night as it was my birthday treat. I was really looking forward to burger and fries as being on a gluten free diet it is not many places I can have this and I was disappointed not getting burger and fries but even more disappointed when my chicken arrived without fries and on the menu it clearly states served with fries. We had terrible service and I would not go again..

• Visited July 2014