“Βασικο ξενοδοχειο για εργασια.”
Review of Normandy Hotel

Normandy Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Close to airport. Comfortable room.
The food at the Rocco Awards was fantastic. The staff were professional, friendly and really helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the service from staff was excelent.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We booked this hotel on a friend's recommendation as we had a very early flight the following morning, and were quite astounded by the value. Our experience was clearly very different from that of some of the reviewers. What were they expecting - The Ritz?! Reception was very efficient, and our room was both comfortable and spacious. We had an excellent dinner, with superb service (and if you book ahead you can get a good discount on the dinner price), but what makes this hotel such good value is that they throw in free parking for up to a fortnight. The only criticism is that although it is pretty near the airport, it's not all that easy to find! But it's well worth doing so!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at the Normandy as we had an early flight the next day from Glasgow and we took advantage of being able to park the car in a secure area for the duration of our holiday. The hotel is a bit dated and the lounge area is in serious need of being refurbished. The bedroom we had was small but adequate for our 1 night stay. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was good.
The problems however were on our return. We were given a number to call when we returned to Glasgow and the hotel would send the shuttle bus to collect us. When I called the telephone number the line had been disconnected - I tried several times but the line was dead. We were at a total loss as what to do so we decided to get a taxi back to the hotel to collect our car. On arrival at the hotel I told the receptionist that I was unable to get through to the number provided and she cheekily retorted that the taxi firm they had been using had let them down and they were no longer using them. When I asked why they had not contacted me by text to inform me - she replied that there was a notice on the bus stop allocated of the new number to call. My husband and I had not gone to the bus stop as there seemed no point when we could not contact them by phone. When I asked for my taxi fare to be refunded this was a real song and dance and very reluctantly the head receptionist gave me the £8.50 muttering under her breath that this was costing the hotel a fortune. Sorry but we had already paid for the service of being picked up and it was not my fault the taxi firm let you down!!!!!!!!
Needless to say this will be our last visit to the Normandy

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PoshTosh9
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Posh Tosh,

Thank-you for your June 2012 review.

The hotel has taken a quantum leap forward with respect to the courtesy bus service to the airport -since your visit several months ago.

I would have great pleasure in discussing the vast improvements upon any future stay. On a positive note, we acknowledge your praise on the food and service levels and thank-you
for taking leadership in this respect.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2012

stayed here one night, before going on holiday,room was very small,no room to put suitcases anywhere.Bed small,not comfortable,one pillow each, not that we needed our bed,the night we stayed there was some kind of company presentatiopn night in the V.I.P room which was right under our bedroom,we could hear every word to every song,which stopped at 2.20am,we were getting up at 3am to get ready for our early morning flight,we got no sleep at all.The carpets in the room were filthy and all stained,would not advise anybody to walk about barefoot.Mr Happy on reception did not ask if we enjoyed our stay etc when checking out all he asked was our room number,no smile no conversation ,so much for customer service;;;;;.I will say secure parking and shuttle bus were satisfactory and drivers a lot more friendlier than receptionist.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rober6
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your feedback.

There was indeed a VIP annual awards ceremony on the night of your stay and we pleased to have successfully secured the Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce business awards event for November 2013.

On the observations of the carpet and night personnel, I am extremely pleased to say that carpets have been renewed as and where required and a customer centric retraining programme has also commenced to ensure that service is always met with a smile.

On a positive note- we acknowledge the service levels attributed by our drivers, who I may add,
go the little bit further in assisting towards our guest experience.

Once again, I would like to have the pleasure of showing you around the changes upon any future visit.

kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at the Normandy as part of a tribute night package........never again. Rooms dreadful........ I shared a double with one other lady and there was no room to swing a cat. Bed and pillows like rocks,noise levels within the hotel shocking due to the hen and party nights, very basic and dont know when somelast took a duster to the place.
On entering the venue you stand in line to get your bag searched like a common criminal,I found this quite offensive being a 50 + lady and the designer clutch bag which you could see could only hold a lipstick and some money no room for any thing else........what did they think I would have in there!!!!
I had wrapped a bottle of Champagne to give to the guest of honour at the party to be told by not one but by 3 different members of staff that I could not enter the venue with the presesnt that it had to be left at the reception.......shocking!!! it was a birthday party and a table of 32.
I said I wanted to give it to the person concerned to be told once you give it to her you have to bring it back out again !!!!
I went to the table and placed the gift with all the rest of the gifts and in that time I was asked again by 2 different members of staff to bring the bottle out of the function hall. At this point the parcel was sitting at the end of the table with all the other gifts and not a single person near it as the ''Birthday Girl'' had not even arrived yet. I asked to speak to a manager I was beginning to get really angry. I dont know what clientele they normally get but I found the whole thing offensive and I am sure the staff would be better off actually providing a quality service as opposed to watching me all evening.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor near the lifts ,very noisy at weekends.I think these are the poorest rooms the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank murfsGlasgow
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to flight.
Room clean,meal was exceptional and great value.tereyaki salmon very tasty,red snapper fantastic.
Secure parking excellent,Transfer on time and far better transfer staff.
Return pick up on time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2012

2nd review of this hotel, as we also stayed here the night before our holiday last year. Glad to report that the great deal offered for one nights dinner, bed and breakfast, plus a weeks secure parking is still available and as good as it was last time.

Room was pleasant and quality of the dinner was excellent, though the time taken for the meal to arrive after ordering was pretty atrocious. We waited about half an hour for our starter and the same again between starter and main course. Not good. Breakfast the following morning was good, so that made up for the previous nights deficiencies.

Notice a couple of negative comments about secure parking but I found the whole thing very smooth and efficient, as was the case with the airport transfers. On return to Glasgow Airport we had to wait about 10 mins for the bus to arrive and the driver apologised profusely. personally I never found that wait excessive but his apology showed they were used to arriving even quicker.

Altogether a very pleasant experience and one we'll be happy to repeat again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PSPurewal, General Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great feedback,

I have taken note of the wait for your meals and can only apologize for our service staff not pre-advising you of possible time taken to prepare some of our intricate and freshly made dishes.

Our teams take great pride in providing the freshest ingredients and cooking meals to order.This offers our hotel a USP from locally branded hotels who maintain a ready made meals solution to remain consistent /cost effective.

I hope this insider knowledge will benefit you upon your next visit!!

Kind regards,

Parminder Purewal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Erskine Bridge Hotel
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport

Been to Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!