“Fab” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
irvine
“Fab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from a night here at the grease tribute show.all a can say was what a fab night .great food .place was lovely and clean.and staff friendly.defo cant wait to go back.and the price you pay for it is well worth the money

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Greenock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here on the evening of Saturday 1st March and found it a decent place to stay for the night. Room wasn't the biggest but had everything needed for a good sleep, shower in the morning and tv to watch while getting ready. Lounge bar was fine to sit in for an hour or so for a drink before heading out. Paid £44 for the night which included cooked breakfast and the food was of good quality. Not the sort of place you'd use for a long stay but for 1 night can't fault it at the price.

Room Tip: No noise from our 3rd floor room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PSPurewal, Front Office Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back in regards to your stay at the Normandy.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I recently had my hen night here and had a fantastic experience from booking to checking out. There were twenty of us and we all decided to do the tribute night and stay over package for only £45! Which includes a 3 course dinner and your breakfast.
The rooms we had were all nice and comfortable. Although a few rooms were a lot smaller than others, but we're perfect for what we needed.
Both the dinner at the tribute night (80s Rubix cube - which was fantastic!) and the buffet breakfast were lovely and everyone enjoyed them.
But most of all staff were excellent. All were friendly and helpful, and lots of people were on, which meant waiting in long queues wasn't an issue. Also, security at the event was good too.

I had an excellent hen night here, and thought it was fantastic value for money. Would love to come back and see some other acts!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest

We thank you for your recent feed back.

We strive to deliver the best service to our guests are we are delighted we have done so on this occassion.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

aberdeenshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were lured by the temptation of hassle free airport transfer, long stay parking, plus dinner bed and breakfast before we jetted off on holiday. The hotel is in serious need of a visit from the makeover squad. The entrance hall told us all we needed to know. The Normandy is a dated, lack lustre budget hotel. If thats what you're looking for then this is the place for you. If not, there are plenty other more appealing establishments offering much the same if you're prepared to pay a bit more. I wish we had! Our double room was absolutely tiny. Probably because of the retro-fit ensuites which have reduced the double bedrooms to the size of a large single. There's hardly room to swing a mouse - let alone a cat! The mattress on the bed had a huge bend in the middle so neither of us could really get to sleep. Our pre-holiday dinner was included in the package. There were only a few folks dining that evening but the kitchen struggled to deliver our meals in less than two hours - the time it would've taken to fly to London and back! The breakfast buffet was a do-it-yourself job which is ok and I must say, was quickly devoured by the host of workmen and travelling reps who also populated the breakfast room. The only redeeming feature of the budget Normandy is the competence of their staff. Everyone we met was very helpful and polite. Did we complain? No. I guess we were too embarrassed to complain as the whole shebang including a weeks parking came to only £85quid for the two of us. Like I say - you get what you pay for!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fastmedia
Dear Guest

We thank you for your feed back during your stay at the Normandy.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. We have passed all comments to our relevant teams.

Karin

Travellers are raving about these Renfrew hotels

Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night including a week’s car parking whilst on holiday in Egypt. I had read quite a few bad reviews about this hotel concerning small rooms and poor fare in the restaurant, as well as complications regarding long delays with return shuttle transfers. However, against my better judgement I went ahead and booked the Hotel.
On arrival, check-in was adequate; the room was tiny but would suffice for one night. My girlfriend and I ate out at the nearby Braehead Centre. The following morning the shuttle to the Airport was trouble free and my worst fears were allayed.

Then the ‘Nightmare’ began!
On our return to Glasgow Airport I phoned the numbers provided to request the shuttle bus back to the hotel to collect our car. The first call went unanswered and went to voice-mail, where I left a message of our arrival. I then phoned the hotel and the receptionist replied that the bus was on its way. We stood in the cold and rain for 30 mins and our transfer never appeared. I phoned back the hotel and spoke with the same receptionist who informed me that they were very busy but assured me that our transfer bus would be with us very soon! It was a further 40 mins before our transport turned up. I complained to the driver who informed me that he was the only driver working that night and that he was covering 2 hotels. He showed me his mobile phone with over 30 unanswered calls and messages and said he was too busy to answer his phone.
On arrival at the hotel I was ‘not best pleased’ with being left in the cold & rain for over an hour and asked to speak to the manager. I pointed out to the manager (Julie Nicol) that my main concern was being left standing outside the airport for over an hour, whereas if I could have been giving a specified time on our pick-up or a return call to my mobile that the shuttle was imminent, we could have sat inside the airport with a coffee and kept warm. The manager then went on to blame the driver, then the receptionist (who scuttled away embarrassed), anybody but herself!!!
Excuse me, but does not the whole blame fall at the manager’s feet?
The manager then offered me her card and promised as a gesture of ‘goodwill’, that if I was to stay at the hotel again in the future she would offer a compensated rate.

Recently, I e-mailed the same manager to take up her offer as I was planning a 2 night trip to Glasgow. A week went by and no reply was received. I then e-mailed the sales team at the hotel two weeks ago and am still awaiting a response.
Does the Management of this Hotel care anything about ‘Customer Service’?
It seems evident they do not.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank santanaScotland
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The rooms allocated were not ones we booked, Travel cot placed just inside doorway as this only place it would fit. Fire H/S issue. Offered to move 1 set of us with cot - alternative room bigger but only 1 socket - placed behind bedside cabinet!! had to boil kettle, bottle warmer on floor!! Room shabby, bathroom door handle fell off. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Elaine L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I am a frequent visitor to the Normandy due to its handiness for glasgow airport. Generally always book through travel republic for the best rate. Restaurant steakhouse does a fine menu with good service and simple breakfast if required.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

We thank you taking the time to review our Hotel.

All comments will be passed to all the Team.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon

Karin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,277 reviews
South Side
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
#8 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!