“Tribute Night”
Review of Normandy Hotel

Normandy Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We attended the Grease tribute night with friends recently and can honestly say it would be a long, long time before we would consider attending any kind of event in the Normandy.

To start from the beginning, the hotel apparently were in the middle of a maintenance problem and due to this had overbooked and therefore arranged for many of the guests booked in for the tribute night to be moved to other hotels nearby. This would appear helpful at first, however, when speaking to the girl on reception regarding this, I was informed that we would be responsible for the extra taxi fares to and from the hotel and also the parking fees at the designated hotel. The whole point of booking into the same hotel you are attending the tribute at, is to avoid having the hassle of taxis, etc. On arrival at the hotel, (the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport), we spoke to other people in the same position as us, only to discover, they were being picked up by the Normandys' minibus, which would not appear to have existed until this point.

To cut a long story short, we were eventually refunded our initial taxi fare, and offered the use of the minibus to return to our hotel, but only after we ourselves pursued this. And although the Normandy picked up the tab for our parking fees at the Holiday Inn, they made no attempt to contact us and offer any transport to and from the function.

Our party felt very let down and as I said before, would not return to the Normandy in a hurry, nor would we recommend to any one else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Arrived on the Sat evening and presented my booking confirmation only to be told they were overbooked ......we had just driven over 100 miles to attend a function the duty manager could not have been more dismissive or unhelpful if she tried . After informing me that it was nothing to do with them as I had booked online through an agent, she walked away leaving us no alternative but to drive back home utterly disgusted . Beware

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Isobel M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here as part of a room and parking package while we flew from Glasgow Airport. They provided a secure parking facility for the week we were away. The package we booked included dinner and the whole thing offered excellent value for money.
We stayed on a Saturday night and the hotel was really busy with a tribute act and two other parties going on in different function suites. Room was good but ear plugs essential if staying a Saturday night, not from the airport noise, but the reveller staying in the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel puts party guests on same floor as those getting a few hours sleep before going to the airport. Many were still going about when we left for airport.
Ate in the hotel and food was very good.
Transfers to and from airport were well organised and very convenient.

Would recommend this hotel for a transit stop at Glasgow airport or the park, stay and fly option, but make sure you wear ear plugs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PSPurewal, Front Office Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all comments will be passed to our team.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here for 1 night while i was touring uk. The room was very small, you cant even step out of the room with 2luggages on the floor. The manager julie is very rude in dealing with us. We were asking if she can accommodate us in anyway possible since we cant even open our luggage properly (due to the small room) and she suggested that we placed our luggages in another room that has no door locks, no lights and uneven floorings and under construction. What a stupid alternative suggestion from a MANAGER! She did not even know how to treat her customers right. Stay away from this hotel. Its not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Jocelyn888
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel proved not to be as easy to find as we thought, make sure you have good directions. The room was a bit tired and could do with a lick of paint and the bed was not the most comfortable - but for the price didn't expect the Radisson. We paid for the breakfast and it was ideal a good selection on offer and being a buffet you could eat all you wanted. The receptionist when we arrived was really friendly and kept her cool despite being extremely busy. The organisation for booking in your car was a bit of a disaster and we had a fair bit of hanging around for no apparent reason.
The transfer to the airport was another issue. The recptionist told us ran every 20 minutes but in the morning when I asked about getting a slightly earlier transfer, I was told the buses only ran every hour - so beware.
Coming back was hassle free and we were picked up in little over 5 mins.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel fantastic :)

Great parking for flights :)

Friendly service, especially from park and fly staff

Big towels available in hotel which is unusual

Not too far from Glasgow, can go for dinner away from hotel if desired :)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lauren165
PSPurewal, Front Office Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back in regards to your stay at the hotel.

We strive to deliver the best to all our guests and we are delighted we have done so on this occassion.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed one night before flying out of Glasgow on a 5 week trip to New Zealand - the room I had was fine....clean sheets and adequate bathroom etc... The only negative was as I arrived late (after midnight) and although there was a huge 'Tribute' function going on - I could only get a sandwich - no room service food available! The Car Parking staff are all lovely and helpful - Jeannette is a gem - and the transfer to the airport was great. On my return - with the possibility of some serious jet lag and a 5 hour drive home - I opted to stay 2 nights.. I decided to have breakfast and on the first morning the buffet had some good and not so good points...tinned grapefruit, oranges, frozen mixed fruits and some fresh melon was a nice touch - although more fresh fruit would be better (for me) and some of the hot buffet was a bit dried up with greasy sausages and rubber eggs....however, as my car wouldn't start I had no option but to chill out for the day....so I also had dinner in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised.....I had the Rib Eye steak with baked potato....I asked if the chef could find me some veggies and it arrived with lovely griddled asparagus, fresh carrots, peas and sweetcorn - my only negative comment is that the steak was slightly overdone but on the whole it was a good meal and the staff were friendly and attentive. They were concerned it may be noisy for me as there was a large group of young apprentices dining at the same time - but it was fine. The next morning breakfast was better, the ladies on duty were extremely helpful and got me some fresh poached eggs and bacon and the help yourself tea and toast worked fine. The room I had for the 2 nights was TOO small - as I had no-where to put my suitcase----and ended up sleeping with it half on the luggage rack and half on the bed.......as others have mentioned, the decor is very tired....the bathroom fittings were broken and the bath panel badly damaged and cracked......all of which makes it hard to keep clean! The whole hotel needs a bit of TLC and although there seemed to be maintenance staff around it looks like it might be too much for them!! I would definitely stay again but would make sure the room was big enough so that I didn't have to sleep with my luggage but the friendliness of the staff and the convenience for the airport - and the value for money if you are parking - make this a very good option!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ELEMGEE

Dear Guest

We thank you for your recent feed back in regards to your stay at the hotel.

We strive to deliver the best to all our customers and we are delighted we have done so on this occassion.

We hope you visit us again very soon

Karin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead
Erskine Bridge Hotel
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport

Been to Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!