We stayed here during our 4 night trip to Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games and we had a good stay.
The location of the hotel to the airport is fantastic as it's only around a 5 minuet drive away. However, the location to Glasgow city centre isn't ideal. It was around a 45 minuet bus journey into the city but an advantage is that there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel and bus number 23 will take you into the city. Alternatively, a taxi will take around 25 minuets (theses are times during the games so I'd imagine it's slightly slower due to traffic compared to normal times).
The hotel itself is average. The corridors and rooms are clean and tidy but are in desperate need of new furnishing/décor/carpets as they do look rather tatty. However, as I said the rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfy, the bathroom was big and had both a bath and shower, there were tea/coffee making facilities and TVs. Only downside is noise from the airport but there didn't seem to be planes in the night just late and early hours which woke my mum up on occasion, but it is an airport hotel.
The restaurant downstairs was fantastic. We had 3 breakfasts at the hotel which were great value, had plenty of options and very nice. Items available included;
- Pastries like Croissants
- Full Scottish breakfast including; Sausage meat, Sausages, Bacon, Tomatoes, Eggs, Beans, Hash browns, Black pudding ect
Evening meals also very nice, plenty of options and good value including Steaks, Chicken, Curries, Fish ect
The staff are also fantastic at the hotel. They were all very helpful and friendly. Kirsty in reception was great - we practically quizzed her on arrival about various things in Glasgow and she was very helpful. Also Mac, Jackie and Hannah in the restaurant were all fantastic with great personalities and very good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located next to the River Cart in Renfrew, 2 minutes from Glasgow airport. Secure Parking for over 800 vehicles on site.All covered with security fencing ,CCTV and manned patrols. Courtesy transport to and from Glasgow Airport & Award winning "Steaks N Stuff" restaurant. Full free Wi-Fi facilities throughout the hotel bedrooms and meeting rooms.Natural Heritage site located within the grounds of the hotel and 5 minutes drive from X-scsape leisure centre & Braehead shopping Mall.Ample facilities for wedding events,private functions,meeting rooms and complimentary tickets to partner Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Normandy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Normandy Hotel Renfrew, Scotland