Normandy Hotel
US$106
US$92
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Glasgow Braehead(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$163
US$151
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$167
US$147
Orbitz.com
2,349 results
All reviewstribute nightglasgow airportcar parkingpark and flyairport transferholiday parkingan overnight staygreat nightshuttle servicerooms are smallgreat value for moneyhen nightdays parkingbit datedan early flightstayed here for one nightmeal
Reviewed 17 August 2014

if you plan too book this hotel beware that there are no tribute nights and if there is make sure you request a room well away from the room where the function is,we stayed on the 6th july and their was two birhtday parties and an abba tribute night we did not get a wink off sleep all night because we where given a room right above this function room 322 and after the parties where finnished the people just mingled outside and in the reception area off the hotel the noise was unbearable their was security on the reception they just stood there doing nothing young girls where running aroud the reception area singing shouting while security did nothing we asked for a early morning call as our flight was 6 am and we where being picked up at 3 am we never got this call because off all the disturbance in reception, when we arrived back from our holiday we had too go back to the hotel too pick up my car i spoke to the manager on duty that day 20th july and she said that she would investagate my complant and took my name address and e-mail and phone number it is now the 17th aug iand i have still heard nothing back i have e-mailed them twice and stil have not heard nothing back form them yet there where also other people complaining about the same night that day do if you book this hotel make sure you get a room away from the these function rooms and dont bother too complain your just wasting your time you wont ever hear anything bcak form the normandy hotel

Room Tip: get a room as far away form any function room as possiable where their is a party going on
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PSPurewal, Operations Manager- Julie Nicol at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear hendo58,
Thank you for your response on trip advisor about our hotel. I apologise that we failed so much during your recent stay with us. I have taken some time to investigate the issues you had and I would like to discuss them with you if you could contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked this hotel for a night in late July, because we couldn't get any of our usual hotels - thanks to the Commonwealth Games taking place.

We have several friends who have stayed there, and they all agree that this is a perfectly adequate 3-star hotel. Granted, it is looking a little tired, and the décor could do with a good refreshing throughout. However, the room was more than adequate for a one-night stay - pity there wasn't air conditioning and the window overlooking the front car park needed to be kept open, hence the noise from arriving guests at all hours of the day. Still got a decent kip before very friendly bus driver took us to the airport at 4.20am when he saw us outside, and not at the 4.40am booked time.

Staff and meals were brilliant, absolutely no complaints there. ~Our car stayed there for the fortnight we were away, and the rates for the 2 x rooms and 1 x car were brilliant. Return to the hotel to retrieve our car were very easily performed. 15 minutes from departing the airport to being back at our car.

We would most definitely consider this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Try and book a room facing the long-stay car park, they should be free of the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PSPurewal, Operations Manager- Julie Nicol at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

DaveStephen16,
Thanks for your comments in relation to your recent stay at The Normandy. We are in the process of spending substantial time and money in upgrading and refurbishing the rooms and public areas within the hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I booked the Normandy for a visit to Glasgow for the commonwealth games. Unfortunately I was unable to find a place in Central Glasgow that wasn't charging a small fortune for 4 nights, so I had to book further out. However, saying that, I was charged £160 a night for a tiny room in a tired looking hotel.

Before booking I rang the hotel to find out how far The Normandy was from Central Glasgow and was told it was a short bus ride away. The short bus ride turned out to be a 40 minute bus ride. Luckily you can jump on the number 23 right outside the hotel which takes you straight into Glasgow, so despite the distance it wasn't too terrible.

The hotel itself looks OK from the outside - it has plenty of parking and a reception and bar area with plenty of sofas and chairs to sit. I was a bit wary of the staff after reading other reviews about them being a bit rude and uncooperative, however I didn't find this on my arrival. They were very pleasant.

On arriving in my room I was disappointed. The room was TINY, with barely enough room to manoeuvre around the bed. There were marks and a few holes on the walls and some of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked and broken. There were also only two plug sockets - not enough for one person let alone a couple. I had to keep unplugging the TV, my phones, iPad and hair dryer to enable I could use more than two things at once. Also, my bath was the smallest I have ever seen. I'm not tall (5-6) but sitting bolt upright in the bath I couldn't even stretch my legs out! However, on a positive note I have to say the room was SPOTLESS. The cleaning crew really do an excellent job on this front.

I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant after my long trip from London and was surprised how big it was. I was also SHOCKED at the high prices. We are talking about prices on par with a top London restaurant. I opted for the cheapest option I fancied - salmon with salad. This cost me around £12. When it arrived the salad was massive ( Lots of it chopped up into tiny pieces), with a piece of salmon, dry bread and coleslaw. I thought it was hideously overpriced, despite the large size of the salad. It's salad, right? I also ordered a Pepsi and was given not Pepsi but a cheap alternative. I wasn't impressed so didn't eat in the restaurant again other than for breakfast.

Breakfast was ok - nothing special. On a few mornings they had run out of eggs and there was was no one around to top up the breakfast so people just went without. Also, the glasses you are given for the orange juice were TINY, I had to go back about three times to get a decent drink! Only good thing was the coffee - very nice. I had paid for my breakfast with my room, but noted that if you paid separately it was almost £10! Again, ridiculously overpriced. Staff were pleasant, especially the restaurant manager, although some were quite "blunt" which I can imagine may be misinterpreted as rude if your not used to the Scottish way! Being from East London it didn't phase me though!

Another thing I was a bit concerned about was that they hold tribute nights and functions at the weekend. Reading some of the reviews I was dreading being up half the night with the noise, however, I could barely hear anything in my room and was informed by one member of staff that it depends where in the hotel you are located. I also could barely hear the aeroplanes either. I must have been lucky with my room.

I don't think I would ever go to The a Normandy again, mainly because it's just too off the beaten track for another trip to Glasgow (which I'm planning). If I was desperate I probably would, the staff were great ( apart from one bar person who refused to crack a smile the whole time I was there), and the room was very clean - I just wouldn't eat in the hideously over priced and very average restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's not located over the function room if you want peace and quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to comment MichelleWard1970.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff are friendly and helpfull. The shuttle bus is fab for your transfer to airport but the rooms are awful.
We checked in and the room we were given didn't have a travelcot for daughter and wouldn't have fitted one in. The bed was stained.

We asked to be moved rooms and receive a travel cot. The new room was bigger but the curtains were stained there was holes in the walls. The was some sort of mould spores on the units and again bed was stained.

Good for transfer bad for staying.

Good point is that the restaurant was lovely and so was the food.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear YvonneMackay
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the staff, restaurant and courtesy bus. We are sorry to hear that the standard of housekeeping has let us down on this occasion. Be assured that I will be bringing this to the attention of our staff.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We used this hotel for one night and parking for a holiday flying from Glasgow airport, the commonwealth games were on so our options were limited I can understand why this was available.
It was terrible, dirty, run down and generally horrible.
This was all topped off by a fire alarm going off early on the morning when we were getting ready to leave for the airport!
Stood outside staff totally unhelpful, no order or information, fire engines turned up, I have a feeling this happens often as firemen didn't even get out of the vehicles.
Eventually people just started going back in so we followed suit as we were now late, grabbed the bags and left.
The vans that take you to and from the airport are disgusting filthy, dirty and smell.
Pay more and stay elsewhere! Even if it is for one night do not risk it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Genna40

Dear Genna40,
In response to your comments regarding your stay at The Normandy, The hotel is a present going through a major refurbishment with new carpets and windows having been fitted throughout the hotel. Fire regulations stipulate that a hotel must be evacuated on activation of the fire alarm. This is the procedure found world wide. We cannot predict fire alarm activation however our staff are highly trained in fire evacuation procedures and we have dedicated fire marshals who control the evacuation and ensure that all guests are removed from the hotel in a quick and safe manner. These fire marshals are easily identifiable by there high-vis yellow tabards, it may be the case that on this occasion you did not see our easily identifiable staff members. We are not in a position to comment on the procedures carried out by the fire brigade. Our courtesy shuttle buses are valeted daily and I believe that this is the first complaint we have received regarding the cleanliness of our buses. We apologise that we did not meet your expectations.