“Really enjoyed the food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express
Ranked #22 of 44 Restaurants in Renfrew
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyed the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited for lunch with a friend and really enjoyed the food. We both had pizzas which were well made, well cooked and really tasty, we shared a side of polenta chips (strangely nice) and a couple of soft drinks rounded off with two desserts. The restaurant was very quiet but the manageress serving was friendly and efficient. I couldn't make up my mind between two of the romana pizzas and she recommended the etna which was a good choice! We both had desserts which were also really nice, my friend had the toffee sundae as recommended by the manageress and I had the chocolate fudge cake which was really nice and made in house. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable lunch and I would go back, just a shame the atmosphere was lacking with it being so quiet - as were all the restaurants in Xscape.

• Visited September 2013

NR GLASGOW
“Friendly, Efficent and Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We visited pizza express during a day out on a bank holiday. Xscape was very busy! we had tried other eateries first but there was long waiting times...we made our way to the pizza express which luckily had a free table. Inside was bright, airy and not too noisy. We gave our order within ten mins to a friendly waiter. My daughter ordered make your own pizza. The chef set up a small table at the back and she was allowed to knead and 'spin' her own dough! she was very impressed and the chef was great with her. My daughter then was given the pizza she made plus one the chef had made for her! although it was lovely ..2 small pizza's were too much for my 7 year old however her teenage brother polished the second one off no bother. I had a rusticana which was delicious, full of flavour! my son had meatballs which he said was nice but the mountain of rocket on the top was a as I say... a mountain! my friend had a pizza which was of good size and very much enjoyed. We had no room for desert on this occasion however we really enjoyed it and will definitely visit again!

• Visited May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Pizza but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Good Pizza but mistakes made with order twice and when I mentioned the menus we were handling were dirty the waitress smiled and laughed it off, not good hygiene.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Visited on a day in Perth.

Food was excellent and arrived reasonably quickly. They had made an error with daughter's pizza but they made her a fresh one so no compalints there.

Service was excellent and staff were very friendly.

• Visited October 2012
Glasgow
“Average food, good service....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

I've been here many many times so it cant be that bad as I always return! although my last visit will make me think twice...Normally go here when visiting xcape as the kids normally enjoy it. The kids meals on our last visit were ok but one of the kids pasta dishes was really disappointing. Totally tastless and hard pasta. We should have complained about it but we were desperate to leave! The adults pizza and pasta were just ok - nothing special and to be honest lacking in some flavour. Everything is just average...

The service is always good, and our waitress was very friendly.

Not sure if I will be going back.....

Visited September 2012