Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice hotel. Reception area, bars, and function rooms all very nice. The rooms are fine although nothing that would set it aside from any nice 3 star hotel. Everywhere is very clean and fresh and I slept well.
Where's the problem? Service.
The reception and bar staff both great. But the restaurant staff in the carvery grill and the breakfast staff are awful. Very unfriendly, unorganised, messy, unattentive, to be honest I don't really know what they do.
At the carvery, we were seated but not given any information about how to work the carvery, how to order starters or drinks. We were literally seated and not spoken to again until I requested the attention of a waitress. Starter plates were not cleared and left piled up on the already small tables which meant we had to eat our main course around them - most other tables were in the same situation. No new cutlery was given out for main course. When we left the table all the plates were still piled up and we were not offered desert.
Breakfast? Disaster. The woman who was wearing a red tie and I assumed to be some kind of supervisor was horrible. Every table was messy. Resets were not done properly and tables reset with half the required cutlery. I asked for a pot of tea, was told I would get it shortly, never heard about it again and ended up just leaving without having tea. Constantly running out of bowls and plates at the buffet and had to chase the FOH staff to get such things - in fact the chefs were coming out with bowls as the around 6 FOH staff seemed incapable of running around 20 breakfast buffet covers.
A nice hotel, but need staff training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Lastminute and Hotels.com so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel