The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Glasgow Braehead(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$173
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$156
US$151
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,103 results
All reviewstribute nightharry's barcarvery restaurantleisure facilitiesglasgow airportcourse mealbuffet styledance floorgreat nighthen nightwedding receptionfamily roomfood was lovelygreat value for moneystayed here for one nightan overnight stayclose to the airport
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice hotel. Reception area, bars, and function rooms all very nice. The rooms are fine although nothing that would set it aside from any nice 3 star hotel. Everywhere is very clean and fresh and I slept well.

Where's the problem? Service.

The reception and bar staff both great. But the restaurant staff in the carvery grill and the breakfast staff are awful. Very unfriendly, unorganised, messy, unattentive, to be honest I don't really know what they do.

At the carvery, we were seated but not given any information about how to work the carvery, how to order starters or drinks. We were literally seated and not spoken to again until I requested the attention of a waitress. Starter plates were not cleared and left piled up on the already small tables which meant we had to eat our main course around them - most other tables were in the same situation. No new cutlery was given out for main course. When we left the table all the plates were still piled up and we were not offered desert.

Breakfast? Disaster. The woman who was wearing a red tie and I assumed to be some kind of supervisor was horrible. Every table was messy. Resets were not done properly and tables reset with half the required cutlery. I asked for a pot of tea, was told I would get it shortly, never heard about it again and ended up just leaving without having tea. Constantly running out of bowls and plates at the buffet and had to chase the FOH staff to get such things - in fact the chefs were coming out with bowls as the around 6 FOH staff seemed incapable of running around 20 breakfast buffet covers.

A nice hotel, but need staff training.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MHenderson734
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were at a dinner dance held in one of the function halls and stayed the night.I was disappointed with the room it was very small and could have done with a lick of paint and the carpet was dirty. There was a broken tile on the bathroom floor and i stood on it with wet feet when i came out of the shower and it stuck to my foot it could have cut my foot we had to put a towel on the floor to walk on.I don't think it warrants a 4 star more a 3 star unless you are in the new bit. The photos that you see on there web site are the refurbished rooms which are lovely.The kettle and cups are in an odd bit in the wardrobe where you hang your clothes. One night in the room was enough if staying any longer i would have asked to move. A plus was the breakfast it was really good plenty choice and loads of tables.The staff were very nice and friendly.Would use hotel again but would not stay in room 115.

Room Tip: It would be better to pay the extra for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here July 2013 and the room was nothing short of a sauna!! We asked for a fan and were finally given a small tableside fan which didn't really help. I was 38 weeks pregnant and REALLY struggled.

Decor is nice and bar was very friendly although very expensive.

Pros: Friendly, good buffet breakfast
Cons: No air conditioning, rooms are very stuffy, expensice for drinks (even non-alcoholic!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Good hotel, fantastic staff on reception, arrived early from my flight and allowed to check in straight away.Very clean, nice rooms plenty hot water, rooms very warm if you don't turn down the radiators! Breakfast first class all you could ever want to eat, great selection. Evening meals good if you have the roast of the day, others I found a bit bland. Leisure club good, nice pool, sauna/ steam room. Overall nice hotel, nice staff and would stay again.

Room Tip: If road traffic annoys you, choose a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I visited this hotel with a coach group in August this year (Edinburgh Tattoo tour) The hotel is stated as 4* this is definently not what I would class a 4* hotel 3* yes. The parking is adequated for coaches as well as cars. It is obvious from all the various function rooms this hotel thrives on weddings, birthdays etc, when we arrived ther was a funeral receptiion going on!!
The location near the airport (10mins)almost makes it an airport hotel but the shuttle which is advertised is a bit hit and miss to say the least. It has a leisure club with a swimming pool and gym,though I did not get chance to use these they appeared useable and reasonably clean. Our group had half board on 2x nights with just bed and breakfast the third night. The dinners were fine with a variety of cooked/carvery style options and vegetarian options available.Our group was given a private area for our meals. Tables nicely set with clean linen and staff very welcoming. Plenty to start with, a variety of items such as samosas, spring rolls chicken wings etc as apertisers. There were a great range of sweets available as well, so a good choice
Breakfasts equally good with a great choice of cereals, cold and hot items. The sliced haggis on the hot breakfast buffet is to die for.However breakfast was a little chaotic, on one morning a queue ran out of the entrance of people waiting to get a seat as staff had failed to turn up and tables were not getting cleared or served. A quick call to reception resulted in room cleaning staff clearing all the tables in quick fashion so problem eventually resolved. As stated the food is high quality. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are very muddled in my view with one lift around through the bar area. (Which is seriously overpriced!!). My room was clean and very good quality for and on speaking to the others in the group proved to be the same good quality throughout. The general concensus was the rooms were getting a little jaded but still in an acceptable condition an upgrade should be on the cards soon I would hope.Hotel really in the middle of no-where so dont expect a scenic walk around the area. Reception was very proficient and functioned well.
This hotel is a great stopping off point but be aware of the functions going on throughout the season(most of year!!)
Would I recommend it. yes as it is well priced well located and on the whole well worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over function rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business