“Airport Stopover”

The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The reason for booking the Glynhill was to use the car parking and shuttle service to the airport. Sorry, but they are not nearly as organised as other hotels in the area that offer the same service. The parking was fine but the mini bus arrangements to the airport were very loose indeed. Instead of feeling in the evening that everything was organised it was left to the morning to really firm it up. We needed an early start. The bus starts at 7 am, we were told we could have breakfast at 7 then get a lift. We were ready within 20 minutes but the bus was away dropping off staff. We were rushed in the end and no arrangements had been made for our return. The room was good, it was clean although featured a very heavily engineered wardrobe door! Breakfast was probably good but at 7 on the dot we were invaded by a bus full of other guests, who all needed feeding at once. Pleasant enough stay but I think we will return to one of the others for better airport service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We love this hotel in every way but breakfast is amazing.
Great staff, lovely modern rooms and excellant leisure facilities.
Entertainment great but started far too late on. Food nice but at themed nights meal very basic.
Overall worth every penny

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had our Daughter's wedding here back in June and everything was absolutely wonderful. The planner we had, Tom Semple, was as professional a host as you could have asked for. Nothing was too much of a problem for him and everything went like clockwork. The Barony Suite we had the reception in easily held the 170 people who attended and it was decorated beautifully. The food was excellent and staff were courteous and attentive and the feedback we had from guests was excellent. We all had a great time and most importantly my daughter Laura had a perfect wedding day. I would also highly recommend this Hotel for short stays as our Guests, most of whom stayed 2 or 3 nights thoroughly enjoyed their stay, which was enhanced by the leisure facilities.
All in all we had a great experience and I would like to thank everyone at the Hotel for their efforts over the weekend that we and our Guests stayed there.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I may well have been on the same delayed flight as the preceding reviewer. Knowing venues in the Paisley-Renfrew area to some degree, when our flight turned back and we were told we would have to stay overnight in a local hotel, my heart sank. But I was very positively impressed with the Glynhill.

The management and staff handled180 unexpected guests exceptionally well. Although, inevitably, it took a while, reception registered guests quickly and helpfully, with suitable rooms ready for all. A good buffet was organised in their function room in a matter of minutes, and - as the preceding reviewer says - the pressured bar staff were outstanding, dealing with all manner of requests speedily and exceptionally cheerfully. And I should say that every member of staff, many of whom were apparently called in from a quiet Sunday evening in their own homes, was as pleasant and helpful as they could possibly be.

I managed a few hours sleep in the room before the buses returned in the middle of the night to pick us up for the journey, and the bed was very comfortable. The room and en-suite were appointed to standard that regular business expect.

Although this is a suburban hotel with no special pretensions, I found nothing to criticize. I would be very happy to make a longer stay at the Glynhill if I again needed to stay over in Paisley or Renfrew.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I am writing my review from my room incase I get home and forget to mention how good this hotel is.
Check in was hassle free and I was given clear direction as to where I would b dining this evening. There was a board with information on mt flight which I was relieved to see.
Staff looked thin on the ground, but the mmanager seemed in control. Staff were pleasant and very helpful. The young girl in the bar was awesome!! She was working herself and had a full bar of people. I don't tthink a smile left her face. She was great with the customers and had the queue of pepple roaring in laughing and smiling, a particularly difficult job, with everyone feeling tired and frustrated with recent flight problems. Thanks to all the staff!
My stay was very pleasant, and would definitely recommend to anyone considering staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank CatherineFen
Reviewed 6 November 2013

After a long drive, arrived late at the hotel, the bar was open as long as you wanted to stay. The room was clean and warm, the bed was comfortable, just what was needed.

Breakfast was was a full Scottish and set you up for the day.

Didn't use any facilities but have booked for my next visit to Paisley, based on this visit

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a lovley hotel,The rooms are of good size and very comfy,the bathrooms are clean and modern,the food was tasty,and the entertainment was fab.Breakfast was buffet style.plenty on offer. The breakfast room was bright and airy,staff very efficient helpfull.
The recepion staff made us feel welcome when we arrived .really enjoyed my stay here
thankyou.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
Grand Central Hotel
#39 of 93 in Glasgow
City Centre
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!