“Very Pleasant Stay”

The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Glynhill. The hotel has a lovely smell through the corridors and in the rooms which is immediately welcoming. The price for an overnight stay was reasonable and the hotel had free wifi. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Staff were very helpful, and for both meals, there was a great selection. Good music playing during dinner too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Glynhill for the Hogmany Ball and the Dinner Dance on the 1st January as we have done for the past few years, we cannot fault the staff or the service and we thoroughly enjoyed both nights, we have no complaints about the food and the breakfast is brilliant , we always book a Club room, it is extra but well worth it, rooms are very modern, clean and bright we have also stayed on several other occasions taking in a Tribute night still no complaints. I would recommend you try an overnight stay in one of the Club rooms I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene G
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We as a family went for a 2 night stay for the bells last year and done the same this year, very basic hotel but not bad value for a 2 night package. l would even say the meal was not bad then things started going very wrong, unfortunately we noticed someone trying to steal my sons jacket on 3 occasions and as you are meant to do we informed security g4s (no joke!) who advised they would watch the person to make sure it didnt happen again then l looked up and saw the same person take a purse off our table 20 yards from the same security guard so got up and grabbed the bag back and as you can imagine was very unhappy and made my feelings clear, they then said it was my word against his!!! it was made worse by another person not connected to my party complaining about the same thing and same person and he was told it was being dealt with, l had my 11 year old daughter with me who by this time was very upset and wanted to just leave and go home, l fully expected the police to be called as in my opinion someone going round tables is a very serious matter so we as a family decided to go home and l have since been in to see the hotel manager who advised me they were looking into but they have being avoiding calling me back - STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DESPERATE AS ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW!! l have my own business so take very seriously making the above statement and if any of this is wrong someone from the hotel can please comment as the silence really is deafening.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Wanman999
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We transferred to this hotel before an early flight, and prebooked the room upgrade. wow!
Gorgeous modern, warm, clean rooms, with high quality fittings and service, however if you book a standard room, this won't be the case as the standard ones look below par.
In comparison to other hotels for £80 a night the superior room was superb and even down to the high quality bed linens, decoration and layout.
Spa left a little to be desired, not the posh spa but a town leisure centre,low level quality and service there but it's in another building and open to the public, however dated and old fashioned.
We went for the Sunday carvery dinner, 3 courses for £21, and couldn't fault the service or food quality. Really good home cooked roast, on carvery service with choice of puddings all to serve yourself
Upon checkout, staff helpful and the guy seemed genuinely disappointed we didn't have time for breakfast before the flight as we had paid for it!
Definitely go for the room upgrade, having walked by the standard rooms to get to the 'spa' down endless back alleys and narrow corridors, if I had booked a standard room I wouldn't have been happy with it

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 1 January 2014

On first appearance the hotel looks great, the reception staff were really nice.

However, we opted for the carvery evening meal - absolutely revolting , the food had clearly been on display under a hot lamp for sometime and probably been brought out to several carvery's - really dried out. I had some cannelloni ... Avoiding the old dried up meat at all costs....it was the strangest cannelloni id ever had, made me feel quite sick. The cutlery was grubby, lipstick on glasses, dirty napkins under table from previous guests. We had milk given to us in a jug...no exaggeration....there was old dried milk stuck around the inside of jug...yuk.

I went to the gym, the changing room is extremely dirty, big fluffy dust balls clinging to the corners and around the lockers , so much in fact that I avoided the spa and swimming pool as I was concerned about the germs that would probably be around there.

It's like a really lovely hotel that's had it day and the management are clearly focusing on other issues, maybe getting in as many coach trips as poss - good luck to them and fingers crossed there's no outbreak of sickness for all these older people visiting the dirty hotel. Pics attached.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Treat for my mum an dad christmas dinner at this hotel they had very bad service wine put on the table not even opened they waited a long time for food an drinks the young waiter never had a clue what he was doing. The food was awful !

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have stayed here twice before and it was wonderful great. but when we went again this year it had seemed to hsve gone down hill, we had asked for the room that we had last year, but was greeted with a very terse reply from the receptionist that it wasn't available!!!
As we had come on a coach trip they tried to put us down-stairs away from the usual guests and as I'm disabled I couldn't get down there so we told them and very reluctantly they let us use the normal dining room, as we have done every other year.
about 4 people that usually come on the trip also refused to go downstairs like second class citizens but they still had to come upstairs for their food (so why put them dowstairs in the first place).
The room we had was a very basic room (not very clean) just off the main corridor with people passing by all the time and standing in the corridor talking and making arrangements for the next day.
The following night we had returned back late from the tattoo and went straight to bed, only to be kept awake by a disco, when I rang reception I was told that it would end at 01.00am so we had to wait till it had finished.
I found that it was not as good as other years.
So we shall certainly think twice about going again next year.!!!!!!
I agree that the staff and manager would benefit from a course on people skills.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Courtyard Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!