“This is a nice hotel”

The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited this hotel in January on business. The hotel is nice and clean. The restaurant is excellent. The only issue I would have is it appears to be in the middle of nowhere and miles from the nearest railway station. The rooms are comfortable with walk in showers. A very nice place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dorothy B, Director of Sales at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the hotel and for such positive feedback of the hotel.

The hotel is located only 1 mile from Paisley Gilmour Street Train Station and has a frequent bus service, which passes the hotel every 5 - 10 minute. A taxi would have cost around £5.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and should you be using public transport please call us and we will be delighted to simplify the directions to the hotel.

Kindest regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed on business for one night recently. This hotel is really well placed, on the edge of Paisley/ Renfrew, close to the Airport and only about 10 min from Glasgow. I received a very warm welcome at reception and directed to my room. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but my room was very big, very comfy, very well decorated. It was such a pleasure to stay.
There were a lot of different choices for eating, but as I was on the own and enjoying a rare break away from the hubby & kids I decided on a bath (I had a bath and separate shower in my bathroom- unusual these days- and a double sink) followed by a room service snack. This was delivered quickly and there was no problem with me asking for something from the main menu rather than the room service menu.
Breakfast was a help yourself affair, was well organised and the food was good
Check out was quick and efficient and the girl on reception remembered me from checking in, which was nice.
This hotel isn't small and has various function rooms, yet has a friendly family feel to it. They have it right in this day of bland sleep factory's and their friendly helpful attitude and comfy room will bring me back. Would definitely return and recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Dorothy B, Director of Sales at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your comments are very much appreciated by both Management and Staff.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Late arrival after 6 hour drive, amazing lad on front desk at check in. Without going on to long can say this about this hotel. The staff are all brilliant except for one, manager included. It was a great trip that everyone went out of there way to make you feel at home. Food was spectacular including the most amazing breakfast buffet, with a selection of black pudding. Evening meals in lounge, bar or restaurant were all excellent. The only negative was the actual room. I paid extra for club room, yet was size of postage stamp. I questioned it but when I saw room size for others decided not to change. Great facility, great staff, great food, great value.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dorothy B, Director of Sales at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

I am sorry to read that the size of your room was disappointing, should you be returning to the hotel again in the near future please contact my self and I shall ensure that you receive one of our larger, more spacious family rooms.

I will be sure to pass your kind words onto all our team and I hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Brilliant night & the meal was lovely, very well organised and well worth the money! Great buffet breakfast, the room was basic but most importantly very clean.
Exceptional entertainment, we were there for the Tina Turner tribute night followed by The Midnight Blues & DJ.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda a

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto all our team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for on week whilst my wife was attending a local hospital. Warm welcome from cheerful staff. Room clean and comfortable. Breakfast and dinner well presented and plentiful. Beautiful pool and leisure centre.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto all our team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as my husband had a hospital appointment the next day. We were upgraded to a Club room which was very modern and clean. Had dinner in the Carvery which was very good big choice and the staff were very friendly. Same at breakfast the lady who served us was very friendly. We would certainly come back to this hotel again. We found all the staff very helpful especially the receptionist.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto all our team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel was recommended to us and I'm very glad of this as the stay kept extending.

Right from the warm welcome on arrival, and throughout our stay, the staff at reception and in the restaurants were extremely helpful. Very friendly, remembering the room number, remembering what I liked to eat and drink, through to providing useful information on travel and shopping, they made me feel at home.

The bedroom was well thought out, clean, good bathroom, hospitality tray, TV, WiFi and laundry service. The view wasn't great but I'd asked for a quiet room and therefore looked over the back of the hotel.

Food was varied with the choice of restaurant. My preference was the 'Carverie' where I chose from the buffet. No matter which restaurant I ate in, the quality of the food was excellent.

Initially booked for 4 nights, the stay eventually extended to 15 nights because of a requirement to stay in Glasgow. I could have booked into one of the budget hotels but am so glad I stayed at the Glynhill because of the way I was looked after and supported by the staff.

Location was good, on the bus route to the airport, Glasgow and Paisley (and probably others too). Easy access to the motorways and also easy road access to the nearby towns, shopping centres and tourism attractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gaeltraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
Watermill Hotel
#9 of 9 in Paisley
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!