Booked a deluxe room, based on reviews. Glad we did. It was ok, nice view, bright, decent size with a seating area. However, it was a little tired, and had not bee thoroughly cleaned. Although all the important stuff had been done - clean bedding, bath cleaned, desk dusted, etc - it was the fiddly things that had been missed.....the skirting boards, the top shelf in the bathroom, etc. However, it was still a fairly decent room.
We used the leisure facilities, and on the way there, we passed through the area where the standard room were (suspect this had previously been the smoking rooms). It was far from pleasant. Would strongly reccommend booking a better room.
Had a drink in the cocktail bar, and had dinner in one of the restaurants. After our meal, the supervisor said that there was a tribute band playing in one of the funtion rooms, and a musical duo playing in another, and that we were welcome to go through to either if we wished. We went to see the musical duo and had a lovely evening.
Breakfast - was crazy. The biggest breakfast buffet I have ever seen. Even the hot food is on the buffet. I have never seen so much choice in hot food or prepared fruit on a breakfast buffet before. Toaster was playing up, so queues were forming for toast. As breakfast is exceptionally busy, you may have to wait a few minutes for a table. Would advise going down early, and also take something with you to leave on the table, so that they don't assume you have finnished, and start clearing it.
Used the pool, steam room and sauna. Pool was lovely. Sauna and steam room were also good. The changing rooms were not pleasant. The showers had broken fllor tiles, and there were big clumps of human hair stuck to the broken bits. There were only 2 changing cubicles - otherwise it was communal. I used one of the cublicles and as I was coming out, I noticed that there was what appeared to be blood on the curtain. They had a a complimentary hairdryer, which was good.
This hotel appears to be popular with groups of females on hen weekends. They make use of the weekly entertainment and leisure facilities. They can be a bit noisy. Request a room as from the lift/stairs as possible or you may be woken in the early hours as they pass your room.
On check out, we were able to leave our luggage, and collect it later.
The staff were the jewel of this hotel. The building needs a bit of TLC in places, but the staff were wonderful. They were so good in fact, that despite the hotel needing a bit of work in places, we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel