“Perfect in every way!”

The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our recent dinner/dance for 75 people was held at The Glynhill, in the Barony Suite and I can honestly say that the event was a massive success from start to finish, in a friendly, well run, professional establishment, with staff who paid attention to detail, excellent facilities and clean, modern, well equipped, large rooms.

Our thanks go to Allison Hope who took the stress out of organising a large event, who knew what we wanted but also offered a personal touch throughout, even recommending a great DJ. On the night itself both Harry and Tom took charge which enabled us to enjoy the evening ourselves and again offered a first class service. We were able to have a choice of starter, main and desert, without forward ordering and everything was not only silver service at the table but hot, generous and on a par with a restaurant way above the 4 stars awarded.

We will be looking to organise future events and the Glynhill will be our first choice, thankyou all for making our night one to remember for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor, which was new, stylish and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel and facilities, feedback from customers is such a great tool for us. It was a pleasure looking after you all on the evening and we are glad the event was a great success.

I will pass your comments and feedback to all the relevant departments and we look forward in welcoming you back at some point in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Plenty of parking, nice hotel and friendly staff.
Room was pleasant, bed was 2 singles pushed together but I slept like a log. There was good wifi reception in the room and allowed me to do an online induction course, so didn't have any problems there. The room was hot with limited air circulation but it had been a long day and so I slept well.
As I had a 5 hour site induction course to run through, I went to the bar, checked out the menu and then selected what i was looking for (reasonable hotel prices) and went for the pea soup then the stuffed chicken in peppercorn sauce and a Bud. Just about on budget for £19.60, then as I wanted to take back to the room, they rang me when it was ready to collect. Well, the soup was excellent (almost as good as my wifes) and the chicken was quickly polished off, again very good and tasty.
Def look at returning and trying something else from the menu, unless the pea & ham soup is back on the menu!
Many thanks and good to find a nice hotel, in particular the food.
Lastly, the breakfast was ok, nice bacon, fresh fried eggs (didn't fancy the scrambled though) and a good selection of breads and pastries.

Room Tip: choose a room that has been refurbished

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your recent review and such positive feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and the positive aspects to your stay.

I will let the kitchen know the pea & ham soup has a following!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dropped into this hotel for a business meeting on 16/06/14 and sat in the bar area for about 2 hours before ordering lunch, not too many guests about and 2 people in the restaurant. Lunch took 45 min to arrive only after having ask the duty manager to see what was keeping lunch.

lunch arrived a burger and a lasagne, it was probably the worst lunch I have ever had, messy, cold, tasteless, and very poor quality. I can't believe a chef made this lunch. I will never be back at this place.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review after a recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you were let down by the time taken to prepare your lunch and by the quality of the dishes received. I have passed a copy of your email to the necessary departments and your review will be further discussed at our next managers meeting.

Should you be in the area on business again please let me know, I would be more than happy to invite you back for lunch.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked this hotel based on location and ratings, thinking it would be better to spend a little extra on something better for a rare weekend away, however after a long day travelling, on check-in we were not offered assistance with our luggage, we arrived to a small double room despite confirmation of a twin room. When asking for a room move someone appeared quickly with a key to a new room, but literally just handed the key over with no directions to the new room and again no offer of assistance with our clearly heavy luggage. The room was incredibly hot and very uncomfortable, by the time our room service arrived we were too hot to enjoy it. As we had an early flight, we ordered croissants for breakfast. We were delivered 1 very small croissant and 3 other pastries (assuming this is the "selection of pastries" that was a separate option on the order form) Not what we wanted and neither of us wanted the other pastries. Needless to say this was disappointing and as we had a taxi to get we didn't have time to ask to have our order changed so we just left it and ate at the airport instead. Not a great start to a trip away and I don't think I would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Bring a fan with you! Even our taxi driver said he hears common complaints about heat in the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 88Kez88

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review after a recent stay with us. I apologise for the issues raised and can assure you these will be discussed at our next managers meeting.

I sincerely hope you will use the hotel again and would ask you to email myself direct and I will ensure you are given an upgrade to one of our club rooms at no extra cost.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I recently had a meal in the “Carvery & Italian Kitchen” in this hotel, not as a staying guest but just walking in.
We were greeted by very pleasant staff and a lovely and clean restaurant with a nice view from the table by the window. We had the choice of the Carvery, or the grill menu which is served to your table.
The food was beautifully presented with a great choice of starters, which tasted as good as they looked. There were three joints of meat to choose from with the usual sides, but you could also have a mixed grill, burgers, pasta or piazza, the choice was brilliant. The desserts were just as plentiful and again beautifully presented.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant, in fact I’ve already booked another meal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Carvery & Italian kitchen, I will pass your comments onto the chefs and waiting staff. Your comments regarding the quality and choices on offer are very much appreciated.

We look forward in welcoming you back

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A very decent hotel to spend a working week. The staff were nice, the rooms were neat and very presentable. However, the restaurants food wasn't that great. Had to eat out on several occasions.The Free Swimming pool, sauna and steam room topped it off. Will defo recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid window rooms.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your recent review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our facilities, please do not hesitate in emailing me at the hotel if you would further like to discuss our menus at the hotel.

We look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in a rush to book a hotel in glasgow close to the airport and i forgot to even check out Tripadvisor. !!! Not like me , but anyway i found this hotel. 7pounds in a taxi after my flight came in at midnight , room great , really comfy beds , up early and first a swim and a jacuzzi , then a very nice choice of breakfast. Had a train to catch but had an hour or so , so took the local bus across the road from the hotel and got a tour of Glasgow !! It was great. We stayed here about 20years ago when we used to leave our car and fly and they still do this service. They take you in their minibus to the Departures at the Airport but they dont collect you , pity , but one cant have everything when you get a good room rate . I would definitely recommend this hotel and found the staff very friendly , im a Glaswegian myself but have lived abroad for many many years.

Room Tip: No idea , i arrived after midnight and left by 10am. It is a large hotel though and i got lost in t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your recent review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our Leisure Club. For anyone staying in the hotel with a spare few hours the bus trip into Glasgow is a tour in itself, we look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit home.

Warmest Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Anderston
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
#45 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!