“Pleasant evening at party night.”

The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel when we were guests at one of their party nights. We were disappointed on arrival that we were went to a room that hadn't been serviced and we had to wait for almost an hour to get into the room, this was well past check in time. The room was large but very warm, although there was a very good fan provided. We used the leisure facilities which were fine but looking a little jaded, it's also quite difficult to navigate to the leisure facilities from the rooms. The party night was extremely busy but the food was delicious and served very promptly. Breakfast was so so, certainly nothing to write home about and, again, the breakfast room requires updating, however I think this will be happening soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review after your stay with us over the weekend, I am glad you enjoyed the Tribute Night and apologies for the delay getting you into your room on arrival, I have passed a copy of your review to all departments.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided to hold our wedding reception at the Glynhill Hotel. The hotel can’t take credit for having a pipe band staying on the day of the wedding but all credit to the Glynhill Hotel and Tom, our Glynhill facilitator, for adding wow factor to our reception by asking them to play for us and our guests. Locals and visitors from afar were absolutely delighted, amazed and impressed at this unconventional start of our wedding reception.

Of course by this stage Tom knew we would be delighted because he had been listening to what we said when we heard the pipe band was staying. The other hotels we had tried all said it was about what we wanted, but with each of them we found it was either they could not meet one or more of our requirements we just had to accept it was to be the hotel’s way. With the Glynhill the whole package came together perfectly.

We didn’t know it then but the menu we wanted was unusual for a wedding. On the day the Glynhill chefs and staff delivered it brilliantly: it was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. Equally importantly Tom and his team ensured we could celebrate with our guests knowing we were all well looked after – because we had discussed and agreed all the details in advance.

With most of us travelling long distances for the occasion we needed quite a few rooms within striking distance of Glasgow Airport: the Glynhill and its ever cheerful and helpful staff fitted the bill, and at a lower cost than central Glasgow.

Tom told us at the start of the process that we would agree detailed plan of the day. It ran to several pages. To be honest we have no idea whether we kept to the strict timetable we had mapped out with Tom. Tom had told us he would keep us to time on the day, and he must have succeeded, and because of his thoughtfulness we and our guests enjoyed ourselves even more than we expected.

It is the little things that make it special. Things had gone well for the whole day, and the Glynhill excelled in the evening – with the big things and those all important little things too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul F

Dear Paul & Martine,

Thank you so much for your recent review after your family wedding with us. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you through the process and up to the big day itself. You both had a clear vision of what the happy couple were looking for so I cant take all the credit, your input was a clear and precise throughout the arrangements.

I am so glad we managed to pull of a pipe band to play for the bride and groom, I am sure their memories of the day will remain with them forever, it truly was a day to remember.

Thank you so much for all of the kind gifts given to us, we were all delighted and very grateful. I have passed a copy of your review to all departments.

I sincerely hope that we will see you back at the hotel at some point in the near future. Our best wishes go the Seychelles crowd, especially the top table singer.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been using the Glynhill for sometime now, staying there while on business. The hotel is ideally located for the airport and a stones throw from Central Glasgow. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the rooms vary in size and style and I tend to stick to the same type of room and there always other regulars to enjoy the banter with.

The food tends to be good, however being a regular the menu can be a little repetitive. The fillet steak though is the best in Glasgow, I absolutely love it!

I also like to cycle and you can be soon out on the country roads from here and the hotel is cycling friendly.

There is a swimming pool and saunas which are good, however the gym is somewhat on the small side with limited equipment.

There is also another hotel bar called "Harry's Bar" which tends to show most of the football matches, although England lost on my last visit!

Overall a great hotel if you are on business.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your recent review. It means a lot that you have taken the time to review us, we know all of our guests are usually on busy schedules so we appreciate you taking the time to do this. If their is anything we can do to make your stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate in asking myself or one of our friendly team.

We look forward in seeing you soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our recent dinner/dance for 75 people was held at The Glynhill, in the Barony Suite and I can honestly say that the event was a massive success from start to finish, in a friendly, well run, professional establishment, with staff who paid attention to detail, excellent facilities and clean, modern, well equipped, large rooms.

Our thanks go to Allison Hope who took the stress out of organising a large event, who knew what we wanted but also offered a personal touch throughout, even recommending a great DJ. On the night itself both Harry and Tom took charge which enabled us to enjoy the evening ourselves and again offered a first class service. We were able to have a choice of starter, main and desert, without forward ordering and everything was not only silver service at the table but hot, generous and on a par with a restaurant way above the 4 stars awarded.

We will be looking to organise future events and the Glynhill will be our first choice, thankyou all for making our night one to remember for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor, which was new, stylish and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel and facilities, feedback from customers is such a great tool for us. It was a pleasure looking after you all on the evening and we are glad the event was a great success.

I will pass your comments and feedback to all the relevant departments and we look forward in welcoming you back at some point in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Plenty of parking, nice hotel and friendly staff.
Room was pleasant, bed was 2 singles pushed together but I slept like a log. There was good wifi reception in the room and allowed me to do an online induction course, so didn't have any problems there. The room was hot with limited air circulation but it had been a long day and so I slept well.
As I had a 5 hour site induction course to run through, I went to the bar, checked out the menu and then selected what i was looking for (reasonable hotel prices) and went for the pea soup then the stuffed chicken in peppercorn sauce and a Bud. Just about on budget for £19.60, then as I wanted to take back to the room, they rang me when it was ready to collect. Well, the soup was excellent (almost as good as my wifes) and the chicken was quickly polished off, again very good and tasty.
Def look at returning and trying something else from the menu, unless the pea & ham soup is back on the menu!
Many thanks and good to find a nice hotel, in particular the food.
Lastly, the breakfast was ok, nice bacon, fresh fried eggs (didn't fancy the scrambled though) and a good selection of breads and pastries.

Room Tip: choose a room that has been refurbished
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your recent review and such positive feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and the positive aspects to your stay.

I will let the kitchen know the pea & ham soup has a following!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dropped into this hotel for a business meeting on 16/06/14 and sat in the bar area for about 2 hours before ordering lunch, not too many guests about and 2 people in the restaurant. Lunch took 45 min to arrive only after having ask the duty manager to see what was keeping lunch.

lunch arrived a burger and a lasagne, it was probably the worst lunch I have ever had, messy, cold, tasteless, and very poor quality. I can't believe a chef made this lunch. I will never be back at this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review after a recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you were let down by the time taken to prepare your lunch and by the quality of the dishes received. I have passed a copy of your email to the necessary departments and your review will be further discussed at our next managers meeting.

Should you be in the area on business again please let me know, I would be more than happy to invite you back for lunch.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked this hotel based on location and ratings, thinking it would be better to spend a little extra on something better for a rare weekend away, however after a long day travelling, on check-in we were not offered assistance with our luggage, we arrived to a small double room despite confirmation of a twin room. When asking for a room move someone appeared quickly with a key to a new room, but literally just handed the key over with no directions to the new room and again no offer of assistance with our clearly heavy luggage. The room was incredibly hot and very uncomfortable, by the time our room service arrived we were too hot to enjoy it. As we had an early flight, we ordered croissants for breakfast. We were delivered 1 very small croissant and 3 other pastries (assuming this is the "selection of pastries" that was a separate option on the order form) Not what we wanted and neither of us wanted the other pastries. Needless to say this was disappointing and as we had a taxi to get we didn't have time to ask to have our order changed so we just left it and ate at the airport instead. Not a great start to a trip away and I don't think I would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Bring a fan with you! Even our taxi driver said he hears common complaints about heat in the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 88Kez88

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review after a recent stay with us. I apologise for the issues raised and can assure you these will be discussed at our next managers meeting.

I sincerely hope you will use the hotel again and would ask you to email myself direct and I will ensure you are given an upgrade to one of our club rooms at no extra cost.

Warmest Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Anderston
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
#45 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!