The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
US$98
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
US$142
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Glasgow Braehead(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$163
US$151
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$152
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,103 results
All reviewstribute nightharry's barcarvery restaurantleisure facilitiesglasgow airportcourse mealbuffet styledance floorgreat nighthen nightwedding receptionfamily roomfood was lovelygreat value for moneystayed here for one nightan overnight stayclose to the airport
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Let's put it this way, it's the first time I've ever walked into a hotel, spent 10 minutes in the room and decided to loose my £115, leave, and go to another hotel. They portray the place as a fancy hotel, it's not, the rooms are awful, dated, tired, bland. The hotel isn't in a very nice area either. I must emphasise how helpful Andrew was when I checked out, he refunded the £115 and I wasn't expecting that. He was very apologetic and a genuinely nice fella, I felt sorry for him. I've stayed in nicer Travelodges. Rooms are worth around £60 maximum on a busy saturday night. We went into Glasgow city centre and stayed in Gorgeous boutique B&B called15 Glasgow for an extra £5!!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 31EST
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry you felt compelled to leave after ten minutes of checking in with us. I have spoken with Andrew and checked which room you were checked into which is located on our refurbished Club Room Floors. These rooms are requested on a weekly basis, I apologise if your room and our location was not to your taste.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst visiting Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games. Staff were helpful and friendly - to be commended.
Whilst I thought the room rate was excessive, all prices for accommodation in and around Glasgow were highly inflated through this period. The room was clean and perfectly ok for a short stay, although the bed was small and hard for my liking. The bathroom could do with a soap holder or similar in the shower to save placing gel or soap on the floor. Lighting could be better in the bathroom round the mirror. The biggest issue for me was the creaking clonking floors. I don't know how they're constructed but anyone walking in corridors and in rooms sounds like an elephant.
I didn't stay for dinner, but the breakfast was fine, and plenty of it, the breakfast area could do with a spruce up though.
Public transport links to central Glasgow were handy - bus across the road and about 50 minutes journey time with all the stops on the way, or you could taxi it to Paisley train station and get the train into Glasgow Central.
All in all it's not a bad place to stay, just could do with a bit of general maintenance to spruce it up and sort some niggles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. The hotel rates over the period of your stay were one of the lowest in the area, and certainly lower than the city centre where rates were in excess of £300.00. Our Standard Rooms are due to be refurbished in the coming months with the Carvery Breakfast Room being refurbished in early 2015.

Thank you for your honest review of the hotel and facilities.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were staying for 1 night during the Commonwealth games and the Hotel looked great on the website and the pictures. It is so far from a 4 star and have no idea how it has obtained this rating. We began in one of the older rooms which was dirty, smelly and very hot. The windows hardly open and the bathroom was old and very dated. All the walls were marked and the door did not feel secure. The TV did not work also. I reported this to reception and asked to move, we were told we could but would be a £30 upgrade, I accepted this as we had a long journey and were tired. I noticed later posters around the hotel ofering upgrades for £20 so not sure why I paid an extra £10?
The new room was in the new part of the hotel and was cleaner and modern, it was an attic room and still very hot but a fan was provided. The lift did not work the whole time we were there.
We ate in the restaurant evening and had breakfast the following day, which was difficult as the staff were not friendly and customer service was none existant. We used the leisure facilities which was a mistake. The changing rooms were a complete mess and the pool area is filthy, we noticed dead flies and moths around the window area.
This whole stay was finished off with my daughter suffering with sickness and diarrhea which I must assume was due to the Hotel as we had not eated anywhere else. I have also noticed other guest reviews who mentioned this. I hope these reviews are used by the Hotel as massive improvements are needed, our stay in Glasgow was ruined.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Jo V

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, as with previous reviews, the first room you were in is located in the older part of the hotel and is due for refurbishment. I apologise for the room deficiencies and the lack of service you experienced.

Thousands of people visited the Commonwealth Games with a sickness and diarrhoea bug outbreak in the Athletes Village itself, it is impossible to determine the cause or source unless medical tests are carried out, most causes are from direct contact with other people.

Your comments have been taken on board and passed to the necessary departments, should you wish to contact me at the hotel I will arrange to refund the amount of your upgrade charge.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

had to sleep on the floor the mattress was so bad slept on the floor then had to check out and find somewhere else.I had asked the house keeper to have a look at it and she was not really interested . They did offer a duvet to put on top of the mattress to make it firmer, will not be back.When booking had been told it was an executive room yet it did not have a room safe and it was more a double than a twin. Had to get taxi from airport as no shuttle.

Room Tip: they say they have a shuttle to the airport they do sometimes not all the time
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank richard g

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review, I am sorry you found your bed to be uncomfortable, the beds have been checked and nothing found to make us believe the beds need replaced, none of our rooms have a room safe unfortunately.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was here for work but normally stay central Glasgow but because of the commonwealths it was the only place with rooms. No surprise why either!! Poor rooms and awful service.

I'd quite like my i-Phone charger back please as despite promises from 3 staff members no one has bothered to tell me if you have it.

Like some of the previous reviews the "Blue Rooms" are horrible. Week 1 was a prison cell, week 2 was slightly better but again the room was dirty and poor maintained. I stayed in 120, and 127. 120 should be condemned, a travelodge room is significantly nicer and the price gouging for the commonwealths made me feel sick i had been charged so much per night.

Food was nice enough, although the salmon starter on week 1 was lovely, by week 2 they'd cut the accompanying sauce and it was bland. Again made me feel it was a case of sod it they ain't coming back attitude.

Bar staff and breakfast staff were abrupt, lack basic courtesy and basic customer service skills. I was made to not feel welcome. This view was shared by my work colleague who stayed on week 1.

Also the leisure facilities are laughable at best, the "gym" is more a sweat room with some ancient kit in it..... Disappointing and had I paid for this place myself and not through work I would have slept in my car!!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Northerndownsouth23

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review. Our Standard Rooms are due to be refurbished to the same level as our executive rooms and club premium rooms, I am sorry that during your stay none were available. The hotel was competitively priced and far lower than the £300.00 and upwards being charged in the city centre.

I can ask housekeeping if a charger was indeed found if you can contact me with the dates you stayed. A copy of your review has been given to all relevant departments including HR, Senior Management and Directors. Thank you for taking the time to review us.