1,150 results
All reviews tribute night harry's bar carvery restaurant leisure facilities glasgow airport buffet style dance floor waiting staff great night hen night family room food was lovely great value for money stayed here for one night an overnight stay close to the airport haggis
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Arriving at 8pm for a single night, the reception staff were welcoming and efficient. My double room was a good size and the bathroom bright and modern.

I only has a light meal in the bar which was OK.

Breakfast was excellent! Lots of choice, both hot and cold.

I will definitely stay again when I return to the area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities of your room.

Our breakfast chef does a great job with the hot and cold buffet provided, I am glad you enjoyed it.

We look forward in welcoming you on your next visit with us.

Have a great Christmas if we do not see you beforehand.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

It's hard to say if this is the worst hotel in Scotland, as I haven't stayed in every hotel in Scotland, but I can say this is the worst I have stayed in.
Staff really don't care less if you're satisfied in your stay or not. Having booked in for 5 nights, I soon realised this wasn't a good decisions and by the 4th I had, had enough and cancelled my final night. The first day housekeeping visited my room and folded up the bed (didn't really try to make it) and picked the damp towels that had been sitting in the wet bathtub all day and placed them back on the towel rail, hoping they'd dry off. I complained about this and when I was brought some fresh towels I was given a mouthful of lies from housekeeping. Everyday after this my bed was never made. At breakfast one morning I asked for coffee, I was given tea & when I brought this up, there was no apology. At dinner one evening I ordered fajitas, but chapatis came instead - I stopped eating dinner here. I gave them one final opportunity to rectify the bed not being made each day, and they couldn't care less. Saying they'd mention this to housekeeping, but I had, had enough now and so checked out, never to return.
Some of the rooms are undergoing poor and cheap renovation, so builders will be on site. The leisure facilities are badly needing a makeover, they are old, tired, dirty and with broken tiles it felt unsafe/unhygienic.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Craig H
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for your review.

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience with our housekeeping department. I have spoken with our head housekeeper to ensure such a lapse in service does not occur again.

Our restaurant does not serve chapatis with any dish, we do however serve linseed and chia seeded tortilla wraps with our fajita dish, I am sorry these were not to your taste.

Our leisure facilities are due for renovations in 2018 which will complete a five million pound investment. As you mentioned, we are indeed upgrading the last of our standard rooms. We are renovating four at a time to ensure any disruption is kept to a minimum, a process which is neither poor or cheap.

Thank you for bringing the issues you encountered to our attention and be aware that these issues will be remedied immediately.

On behalf of the hotel, have a wonderful festive season.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Loved this place. It was having some work done on the rooms as it’s a bit old but it’s nice. The beds are comfortable, the staff are really nice and the food is amazing. Everything from the huge menus in the restaurant to a simple burger it’s was all great. Breakfast was the best. Self service of lots of Blackpudding, haggis, potatoes, beans, breads, fruits etc. I’d stay here again for the breakfast lol. Free ample parking and the prices at quite good. Recommended for a business traveller looking for nice food and Netflix.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed the Netflix which is a standard feature now in the rooms with smart televisions.

Our chef's do a great job in both restaurants and in room service, a friendly team of waiting staff compliment this.

It seems our Breakfast Chef is in a league of his own in relation to the number of amazing comments on review sites, we never want him to retire!!

Thank you for taking the time to review us, your patronage is very much appreciated.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a tribute night at Glynhill. The original act that was supposed to be on changed since we booked but we were offered our money back or to change our night. Very friendly check in staff at reception even though we arrived early our room was ready. Nice modern room with lovely walk in shower. Great choice at breakfast next morning. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ekdawson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us.

I apologise for the change in the act, sometimes this is out of our control. It seems the replacement act went down a treat with all who attended.

The last of our bedroom refurbishment finishes this month which is a great addition to the rest of our accommodation.

We look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Moved rooms 3 times... first room was incorrect room (not the room we booked, which was a family room. Was told push the two single beds together!!! Ok my 7 month old will sleep in the gap), second no electricity to room and last residents dirty socks on the floor... which my daughter almost ate! third room the furniture had stains all over it! Gordon Ramsey you need to get to this place with that infa-red camera!!! Cause I have no idea what this filth is.....and I hate to imagine! To top it off the porter scratched out baby buggy!! Fawlty towers!..... real shame as we have stayed before and this completely ruined my wife’s birthday away

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett T
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviews and direct emails to the hotel.

First, please let me apologise to you and your family for any distress caused after your recent stay with us. I did try calling you direct via the telephone number on your reservation to apologise personally, unfortunately my call was directed to voicemail and a message was left.

Please be assured that all points raised in your reviews through tripadvisor and other social media outlets have been fully investigated. Your room reservation was booked online via a booking agent as a triple room and the room allocated was indeed a triple room with a zip and link bed which can be made up as a double or a twin, it was wrongly set as a twin and single bed configuration which was not suitable.

I understand our front desk staff then offered to upgrade you to a family room with two double beds which indeed was more suitable. Unfortunately an electrical fault in the room caused the electrics to trip which could not be fixed by our maintenance personnel who attended. In addition to the electrical fault a sock was located by your daughter from under one of the double beds.

The third room you moved to was again a family room with two double beds, the room however contained a desk chair with a large stain on the fabric which is not a reflection on our normal high standard of furnishings within our guest rooms. I have looked at the photographs provided via another online forum.

This lapse in our normal high standards is not acceptable and has been fully addressed with the appropriate department managers to ensure it does not happen again.

I apologise to you and your family for any upset or undue stress caused, the hotel strives to ensure the well being, comfort and safety of every guest as a priority.

Feedback from guests verbally and through review sites are welcomed by every business, it gives us an opportunity to reflect on where we get things right, and indeed where we get things wrong, I am sorry that on this occasion the accommodations and service provided did not by any means meet with your expectations.

I understand that on check out after discussions with our duty manager a partial refund was placed on your account, the remaining balance which you paid to the hotel has now been refunded direct through the payment method used. The receipt for this should be with you now.

Regards