“Crowded” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 44 Restaurants in Renfrew
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Braehead. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Renfrew’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Crowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Just opened a few days ago, went with my family of six adults and three children under the age of 4, had to wait 40 minutes for our seats, but I expected that due the recent opening of it, the staff are excellent, and they do and try and you feel welcome, especially as the kids, start getting restless, downside I think should be a play area for kids so they can be kept busy, while waiting to be seated, as for the food, only complaint I have is when the chefs cut the meat, they do it very sparingly, for the money you pay I think there should be more meat on your plate, I had to put plenty of veg to fill the plate. I would not rush back too soon, I think I will leave it a few months, and try again, and hopefully not so busy next time.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mocoyne

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A welcome addition to Braehead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Only been open a few days and could not recommend enough!! Service was very friendly and welcoming. the food was excellent! We have been to carvery's before but this one was by far the best. There is good choice on the menu and the choices of meat for the carvery was great and all looked very tempting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scotland uk
“Toby Carvery - A Bonus for Braehead”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I went here with my friend on the day of opening after a shopping visit to Braehead. The restaurant is situated diagonally opposite the Audi garage - dependant on which way you are going, you might have to go all the way round the roundabout. There are plenty of car parking spaces. You are greeted at the front door by pleasant staff - the manager Lynne was also there welcoming customers - you are then shown to your seat. We both opted for the carvery, the carvery was busy and there was a small line. The carvery is £5.99, you can pay £1.50 extra for a large plate (more like a platter size) and have the choice of 4 meats - with the larger plate you get half a cow, half a pig and a turkey - thats what it looked like on the plate - fabulous - you can take as much veg as you like and I think you can go up for seconds for the veg. The meats were fresh as was the veg but for me the best bit is the Yorkshire puddings, they were light, fluffy and fresh. Fresh being the main thing for me - nothing looked as if it had been lying about. It was good to see the manager who was very pleasant and seemed to be genuinely interested in receiving diners comments, all other staff were again attentive and pleasant. Overall, I would recommend a visit before or after shopping at Braehead or just for a good dinner when you are out and about. In my review I have given a 5 for all including bar scene and outdoor dining - I dont think it has this but did not want my score to detract from the review.

• Visited April 2013