“great meal :-)”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I went in here with the kids, the place hadn't been open for long and was very busy. I found the service to be very good, and there was a good ambience in the restaurant. The decor is very nice and modern and the place is very clean. There was an error made in husbands pizza, which they very quickly corrected. The kids loved their pizzas. Fantastic meal and will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Service was first class. Food was excellent. Even the atmosphere had a real buzz. A really good experience. We'll be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I love the Tony Mac's in the West End so after taking a jaunt over to what is now 'Soar' I was excited to discover a newly opened branch. We were told the wait would be about 30-45 mins so we came back later when it was much quieter and were able to be seated immediately.
Our order was taken promptly although our waitress (no name and that was the last we saw of her all night) didn't have any charisma and gave one word answers when asked about the dishes. We ordered starters and mains and waited 45 mins for our starters to arrive. Nobody checked with us to see why we had been sitting for so long without food. I assume the manager realised something was up as he walked by, looked at our table and then 5 minutes later out came the starters. Food consisting of mozzarella sticks was a bid stodgy but at that point we were so famished that it filled a hole. Our mains were better but we had to send things back for being undercooked although, not the waiting staffs fault.
My overall problem was that we were never served by the one person. Our order was taken by one, starters delivered by another, cleared by another, next course delivered by another, bill given by another etc. Some may find this works but it's very hard to feel your service is personal. We felt that it was a bit like 'well that's my job done, I can leave them now. I can see that they've been sitting with no food but my only job is to take their order so it's not my problem now.'

I appreciate it is a new establishment so I'm sure with experience will come better awareness and service will pick up but we would have appreciated it had staff been a bit more personable so at least to make up for this.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Visited a couple of days ago, looks nice inside, spotless too but thats about it. Staff all seemed friendly enough but quite disorganised. Food was fine, but not up to the standards of the west end one. we thought it could do with an atmosphere injection because it had none. Cant quite put my finger on it, just very average.

1  Thank RobertMonkhouse
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Visited today for the 1st time and loved it. Very friendly and genuine staff, food was absolutely lovely and the presto menu was such fantastic value for money. Will be back!