“Lovely surroundings poor customer service”

Ingliston Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bishopton
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have just returned from an overnight stay with husband last weekend. We arrived rooms were nice, we booked to have a meal in the restaurant. Our starters arrived and were ok, we waited a long time for next course mine was fine my husband ordered the veal asked for potatoes and veg with his it came with rissoto which he asked to be returned by the time his meal came back I was finished he lifted his piece of veal and to his suprise the rissoto was hidden under the veal this time we asked to speak to the manager who apologised and said he would get him fresh meal again after another long wait it returned this time without the veg he had a salad this time he ate it but by this time he had lost his appetite and the fact we ate out meal separately. The manager offered us complimentary drinks which were brought to the table but unfortunately wasn't what we had been drinking all night so they had to take them back the bar person again apologised this is advertising as 5 star definitely not. Breakfast was nice went to check out receptionist said we owed £60 I said no had been paid in full she was not listening place was very busy just said to my husband pay it we will sort it later. We had booked through laterooms my husband phoned them from the car they assured us it had been paid and suggested he hold on the line and for us to go in to the hotel and he would speak to the receptionist my husband explained he had laterooms on the line to confirm it was paid she was so rude stating I don't not need to speak to them I can check on her system eh Why not do that when we said the first time suprise suprise yes we had paid it she said how embarrassed she was and could only apologise for our experience overall and assured us someone would contact us that was Sunday we are still waiting so what was supposed to be relaxing weekend was a disaster and as for there customer relations that is appalling.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Gillwaldo

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited this delightful place on a Sunday afternoon. Arrived at 2.30 and almost every table in this large restaurant was taken. However, within minutes we were seated overlooking one of the paddocks. Our order was promptly taken and although we waited about 30 minutes for starters to arrive it was a very pleasant place to sit and relax. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and reasonable value for money. A good selection of wines and malt whisky were available. Child friendly. Well worth a visit. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We attended the wedding reception of our friends here last night. It's was our second time here and what a fantastic time we had!
Solerno suite is beautiful, very Art Deco and stunning sweeping stair case. Buffet food was amazing, especially the steak pies and pakoras.
The bar staff were lovely and actually looked like they enjoyed their jobs! I was amazed by the amount of staff working, meaning that tables were always cleared and there was no queue at the bar.
Overall an enjoyable wedding and it was a great day for our friends, who could not fault the hotel for their big day.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Myself and my wife got married at Ingliston on the 18/01/14. We could have not wished for a better day. The staff were amazing, food was exellent and the whole day was the best day we have had. We could not fault the venue for anything and will be recommending the venue for anyone who will be looking to get married around that area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rossjamieson999
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My Nephew invited me here , we were a party of four what a beautiful place inside and out . We were lucky to see riders training their horses in the ring that was good , the service was very good and the meal was lovely , i had a starter of scallops cooked lightly just the way I eat them here in France . When i come back for a visit to my home town , I will come back for a meal .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maureen J
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for one night but will return. Excellent rooms and excellent service. Had a meal in the restaurant which has a great menu and the food was fab. Loved breakfast potatoe cakes lorn sausage and excellent black pudding in excellent surroundings

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Starky63
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I took the family for lunch and have already been back a further twice with other friends and family.
The service is 2nd to none as the staff are very helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu. They have great deals at great prices all day long. There is always a chance you will see the horses being walked or rode while you eat as there are windows looking into the arena areas. The food and service was so good that my daughter has booked her wedding reception at a very competitive price.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
4 mi away
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ingliston Country Club? Share your experiences!