“Fantastic place that will fail to disappoint.”

Ingliston Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bishopton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this venue for one night dinner, bed and breakfast. Where do I start, fantastic food, very helpful staff, top of the range facilities and views along with superb spacious and modern rooms. Even the equestrian is absolutely worthy of its 5 star rating. Everybody has there own preferences but I would be surprised if someone found a fault in this venue. A must try!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My friends and family stayed here to celebrate my daughter's wedding. Everything was perfect, the staff couldn't do enough for us, food was wonderful and all went without any hitches. The wedding party rented out the lodges which are large, comfortable and well equipped though take note there are no cooking facilities other than a microwave but you can use hotel for breakfast. Any guests that stayed in the hotel were most complimentary. Being a horse lover this venue was perfect and I would love to go back when I can relax a bit more.

Room Tip: Very quiet location but this is a working equestrian centre so things can start early in the morning...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CharLieGirl50
Reviewed 14 April 2014

purchased a deal on a voucher site and was very impressed with this boutique style hotel.the hotel isn't 5 star but it has a nice atmosphere and is modern clean and the staff are friendly.the facilities for the horses may in fact be six star and the views of the arenas from the restaurant area make this a horse lovers paradise.
the restaurant was very busy both nights we stayed even though it was midweek and the food was top notch .This is definitely a place to visit for lunch or dinner but be sure to book ahead

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were given a voucher for Ingliston, so we had no pre- conceived idea of what to expect. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. If you like horses, you will love this place. We dined in the Palomino restaurant which looks out onto the training arena. No complaints about our meals there. The portions were ample & my burger & my wife's chicken were both tasty. Our room was well up to standard with a comfortable bed & nice decor. Our window overlooked the outdoor training area with the jumps in it which was nice. All in all, I would say 4 star would be about the right rating. There are a couple of reasons I haven't given 5. Firstly, I think It would be a struggle to navigate the stairs & fire doors with 2 large suitcases. As we had only an overnight bag, it was no problem. Secondly, there's only a drop off area outside the hotel entrance. This means all the parking spaces nearest the hotel are taken & if it's raining ( as it was when we were there ) then, unless you're Usain Bolt, you're going to be pretty wet by the time you make your way back to the hotel. I should also mention I thought the reception area was rather bland for a 5 star rating. However, having said all that, if we're ever in the area again, we'd be happy to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank forfarian
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Spotted this hotel on a discount voucher and as it appeared quite upmarket booked a two night B&B mid week stay.
On arrival the whole hotel and club was indeed very impressive with the hotel overlooking the riding stables and other horse related buildings.
We booked a meal that night in the complex restaurant which is in an adjoining building and again we had a table overlooking the training rink! where some youngsters were being given lessons.
We order a two course meal which consisted of a starter and main course. The starter, soup was very good but the main was a let down. I had steak pie which was very average and my wife had a new dish which was described as spicy. Unfortunately it was very bland so much so my wife asked the waiter if he could check to ensure she had been given the correct dish. All the waiter could do was ask if she wanted to see the manager which she did not. We paid the bill and left.
The room was excellent with a view over an outside arena where horses were excercised/trained.
In the morning we went for breakfast and it can only be describes as disgusting the scrambled egg was dry the bacon fatty and greasy. They could provide an egg cup for a boiled egg. There were no jams.
Needless to say we dined out at night.
Following morning breakfast was even worse with crispy green fried eggs.
On departure we were asked if we enjoyed our stay which apart from the food we did. We told the receptionist this and was ensured a member of management would be informed and would call us to date this has not happened. Shame a lovely establishment should be let down by a greasy spoon

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be similar
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john a
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Ingliston and we are outraged at how many problems we encountered considering it is a 5-star establishment.

Firstly, we arrived at the hotel to find out our room had been double booked and because it was the Bridal Suite it was in use by the bride and groom... We were offered to pay an extra £60 on top of our already pre-paid accomodation for an inferior lodge which is only more costly due to it being for 4-6 people. As we had already paid a substansial amount of money and planned to go to the restaurant that night this was a no go. In short, we were expected to pay for what was an administration error on their behalf or we could rearrange to stay at another date (which wasn't a peak day) which is what we selected. This was the first issue.

When we returned for our stay we were astounded at the condition of the room. Given what had previously happened we were expecting near to perfection but that was far from what we got. In the bathroom there was fake eyelashes, pubic hair and confetti still on the floor and in the bath. When we went over to check the bed there was body hair on the pillows - and then we pulled back the velvet throw.... Semen stains all over the sheets! We went straight down to reception and the cleaning staff were sent to the room and the head of the department even admitted herself it was a disgrace when we showed the various problems mentioned above. The bathroom was cleaned and we were told that the velvet throw was not supposed to be slept in anyway - but it wasn't removed from our room... The stained sheets were left to sit on the floor! During the night one of the glass panels of the drawers fell off and woke us both up only to find that it was stuck on with double sided sticky tape.

When departing then next day we asked to speak to the manager, we informed her of all the issues encountered during our stay and were told that we would hear from them in the following days regarding our stay and what they would do to justify the situation. I was refunded the difference from changing from a peak day to a standard rate - and rightly so considering the initial price of the room in the first place, I was owed it.

What followed was completely baffling. Apparently, we left the cleaning staff with a number of issues because the bathroom posed a great difficulty being cleaned due to the products we used in the bath. I'm sorry, but are you telling me that a product purchased from a renowned national fresh natural handmade cosmetics company (I'm sure you know the one) has stained thousands of baths and towels across the country? No, perhaps this just further highlights the incompetence of the cleaning staff. If I can clean it off my bath at home I expect it really shouldn't be that difficult to those employed at a 5-star hotel.

That was it - refund of the money that I was owed and 'We can only say we are sorry'. Well really you could do more, you just don't want to. This was supposed to be a special occasion for my partner, marking an important birthday! It was our first time forking out for a 5-star hotel, accompany that with the riding lessons we have arranged at the equestrian center and the meal, when added up I will have spent nothing short of a small fortune, and to be treated in this manner is absolutely disgusting.

I fully understand that administration errors can happen, and that when we complained about the cleanliness of the room the cleaning staff were sent straight away, however I don't expect the room to be in that condition in the first place. The manner in which both issues were dealt with was just not up to par. There was no gesture of good will for their mistake and there was no form of reimbursement or compensation for what was quite frankly the worst hotel experience I have yet encountered. Perhaps I put too much faith into the star rating of the place.

The only saving grace about the whole experience was the restaurant - the food was excellent and the staff were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
25  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Attended for a family wedding. Although outside of Glasgow have to say location, food and service was great. In particular credit should go to staff-hotel, bar and waiting staff- nothing was too much effort- would Definately go back.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank richardP571
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Erskine Bridge Hotel
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ingliston Country Club? Share your experiences!