“So relaxing”

Decleor Spa at Mar Hall
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Bishopton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Decleor Spa at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort is the perfect place for a girlie Spa Day or overnight Spa Break.With 7 treatment Rooms, Relaxation area, Rasul Mud Chamber,Vichy Shower, Aroma Steam, 20 metre swimming pool and fully equipped gymnasium this is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy the benefits of our fantastic array of Decleor treatments.
AYRSHIRE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had the Decleor facial. So relaxing that I fell asleep skin is shining. Great way to spend the day. Lovely swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Staff couldn't do enough.

Visited April 2014

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“All in all a good day”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I travelled to the spa from Edinburgh as a birthday treat. The lady on reception was lovely and explained everything about the day. We enjoyed the mud chamber although I feel we could have been given more explanation as how the chamber worked and what kind of mud we were applying etc. I could not fault our other treatment. I had a back neck and shoulder massage. It was excellent. The soup lunch was ok. Although i did not receive my glass of bubbly that was part of the deal. Unfortunately the waitress spoke broken English and therefore I didn't want to make a fuss. All in all a nice treat for my birthday although I have been to better spa days in Edinburgh.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rona C
glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lovely pamper day”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just back from the spa at Mar Hall (an itison deal for an Christmas present ). What a lovely relaxing day my sister and I had. My sister has only just found out she is expecting and due to this she was unable to have the mud treatment that was part of the deal and also she could not go in the steam rooms/sauna. The staff were extremely accommodating and offered us a massage/facial for myself and a manicure for my sister, this was a lovely gesture one which they didn't have to offer do to the reduced price that we paid. My sister had a lovely relaxing day and I enjoyed the steam room sauna and pool. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was not working ( I heard that it has been like this for over a year) but this did not spoil our day. The lunch was v fresh and filling and the glass of bubbly went down a treat. We will definitely be back (after baby has arrived)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank loveandlaughter
Scotland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Totally relaxation!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Fantastic day at the spa at Mar Hall. I was impressed by friendly courtesy call the day before to check all was well. On the day the receptionist was welcoming and bubbly. Amazing massage from Karin - totally kneaded out those tension knots. Gym was great. Lunch was lovely. All facilities clean and the pool was perfect. Went over to the Hotel to the Grand hall for coffee and pavlova afterwards. Why not?! All in all a totally destressing day - I'll be back!

Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very let down”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my mum for a spa as a surprise this week and was really disappointed with marhall. On arrival at the spa the lady met us and took our order for lunch and directing us to the spa cafe where the fun began. It was like a scene from faulty towers and the waiter could hardly speak a word of English to understand even our drinks, he then served us with cold lentil soup and when I questioned this he said "I don't understand" his colleague then explained they had no butternut squash left so gave us lentil instead??? The swimming pool and leisure facilities were very basic - the sauna had a notice outside advising part of it was broken, there was no jacuzzi and the music from the gym was blaring. The beautician that gave my treatments was completely inexperienced and struggled to tell me the names of the products she was using, not a patch on the Blythswood or Stobo and would never use it again even at half the price

3 Thank carol c
Jemima T, Marketing Manager at Decleor Spa at Mar Hall, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I am very sorry to hear your spa day was disappointing and we are looking at all the points you have raised to avoid any repeat of this in the future. We take all complaints very seriously and therefore please can you provide us with your contact details - by emailing spa@marhall.com - so we can get in touch with you directly.

Kind regards,