“Lovely Hotel and Spa”

Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bishopton
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed here on Friday 4 May with my husband and a large group of golfers, I am a non-golfer so I decided to take full advantage of the Aveda Spa and was not disappointed.
We had arrived early but we were able to register and was told our room was in the Spa & Leisure area, so drove round to make life easier. The Receptionist was very helpful and offered to call Housekeeping to ensure we had our room before the check in time, however, as we were golfing and relaxing there was no rush.
From the minute you walk into the Leisure & Spa area there is a feeling of relaxation and calm. Amy the Receptionist at the Spa was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I had a wonderful 2 hours of Sheer Bliss (my package) I cannot remember my therapists name but she was lovely and her massage was just right. The pool area is light and airy and pool larger than most Hotel pools I have used in the past.
The room we had was large and overlooked the 10th green of the golf course, absolutely stunning views, made better by the lovely sunny evening.
I do not usually sit in bars on my own, but decided to have a drink whilst waiting for my husband and the rest of the golfers. I did not feel out of place at all, the staff were attentive and made sure everything was ok.
One of the party had organised a meal for all the group and despite not having the A La Carte menu we were treated exactly the same as any guest who would have been. The staff were very attentive and again nothing was too much trouble.
The food was very good and in the morning there was a good choice for breakfast, staff again could not do enough.
So all in all it was an excellent stay at Mar Hall, and if we lived nearer it would be on our list of Hotels to visit time and time again.
My husband said the Golf Course is good too.

Many thanks

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piggywiggy01
MarHallGolfandSpa, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing other tripadvisor fans with so many details of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read you had a great time with us on the resort and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed for a few days with my partner. Lovely location with breathtaking views across the river, beautiful grounds. Hard to get to if you stayed in the city first and didnt drive to scotland, costs £18-£20 from station to hotel which adds up.
Rooms were expensive, but it is an exclusive hotel and this quality and exclusivity runs throughout the hotel so its what you expect really.
We just had the cheapest room around £240 a night. Was in a rubbish location, across the car park really noisy at night with smokers outside the door and drunk wedding guests walking around. Corridor doors right outside our room also so you could hear then bang all night. Mentioned it when checking out, receptionist didnt bat an eyelid or appologise. I asked to be moved but was told they were fully booked.
Room was nice and spacious, two singles put together though, not what i expect when paying £200+
breakfast was nice, service from all the staff was outstanding they were happy and cheery. Also lovely to see 'career waiters/staff'.
Drinks were expensive £6+ for simple vodka and mixer. But again its what you expect, live piano etc in lounge which was lovely to watch/listen to.
Was a nice experience to stay somewhere new and the luxury element makes it a real treat for a special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Fattinatti

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the trip advisor website. We are sorry we were not able to offer you an alternative room because of lack of availability. The comfort of our guests is a priority here at Mar Hall and it is a real shame your sleep was disrupted by noises.
All in all we are glad to find you had a good experience and found our staff friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

OK, that's my TP catch-phrase, above ... and Mar Hall Hotel is now added to my list. I stayed here for the two nights around my daughter's wedding.
So, wedding first: The reception was held in the Grand Hall (an elegant venue) with dinner and ceilidh in Morton House, a separate building, 200 yards or so from the hotel's main entrance which allowed us some exclusiveness and privacy. The event ran like clockwork and was mostly stress-free (if that is possible for a father of the bride) thanks to the effective and efficient management of the hotel's wedding team ... so a BIG thank you, to them.
The maitre d' and his staff did a grand job at the dinner .... so another BIG thank you!

Now, the hotel, itself: Throughout my stay, the hotel's staff were attentive, helpful yet unobtrusive though ever available when required. The welcome upon arrival from Deirdre, Rosalyn and Laura was warm and friendly. I reserve a special thanks to these girls who helped me put the final, personal, touches to something special for the wedding .. such was their care of a guest! Check-in (and -out) was seamless and the assistance with lugage and introduction to the room and its facilities was much appreciated. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean ... that is until I checked the 'high' levels (as a health professional, I consider this a quality measure)! On day 2 there was no dust anywhere! Thank you, folks, for taking note and action. Tea, coffee, water and WiFi in the room was also much appreciated.

I slept well and woke, refreshed, each morning (even following a wedding's over-indulgence) to enjoy a more than adequate breakfast with enough choice for all.

I enjoyed my stay at Mar Hall. I hope you do too!

Room Tip: Room 32 .... no 'view' but blissfully quiet - and I liked that.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron M

Dear Mr M,

We are delighted to read your daughter's wedding was a success here at Mar Hall.
We wish the happy couple once again a wonderful married life together and we look forward to welcoming you all again to Mar Hall Golf and Spa Resort very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

back to Mar Hall again, having been there recently with hubby. This time was with mother and sister (this is not my usual standard of living, I have to say! has been years since I've been in a posh hotel now 2 stays in one month). We had a fabulous visit. Really can't praise the hotel and staff highly enough. Beautiful room overlooking the immaculate gardens. Food was excellent, as was the wine. Staff so friendly. A natural Scottish friendliness and not obsequious in any way. We felt they really looked after us, which was just lovely, and not something you can be sure of even in the best of five star hotels. We feel we've found a wee gem, and are saving up for our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ms O',

Thank you very much for your contribution. Your comments are really satisfactory for all staff members on the resort. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Mar Hall Golf and Spa Resort.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Mar Hall - beautiful room, quality furniture and furnishings and a fabulous large bathroom. The food was good and service excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MarHallGolfandSpa, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Ms R,

Thank you for your contribution. We are delighted to learn your stay with us on the resort wa to your satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to Mar Hall Golf and Spa Resort.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Myself and my wife stayed at the hotel for our 10th Wedding Anniversary we had a brilliant time. We had a deluxe type room which was very smart indeed with a massive bathroom and beautiful view of the gardens. The bar has fantastic views of the golf course and the river Clyde which look even better with a glass of bubbly. We had dinner at the hotel the food was of high quality and service with a smile we had a great night. There was also pianist playing / singing in the grand hall we had a few cocktails to finnish of our night. The spa / leisure facilities are very good as well. This is a great hotel we'll be back soon!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr and Mrs S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your week end experience at Mar Hall with other tripadvisor fans.
We are all very pleased to read you had a great anniversary week end and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This five star accommodation really are a fabulous place to lay your head. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. Staff are friendly and easy to ask for help, they also attend to your every need. I had forgotten my adaptor, but not to worry I could borrow one and my phone was happy again.

Internet access works great and are free for guests.

Surroundings are lovely and invites to walks, golf or some nice running along the river. There is also a gym and a pool complementary to guests and a SPA for relaxation or treatment.

I loved to stay here and I would love to come and stay again (didn't want to go home really :)

Room Tip: Book a room at the mansion.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MarHallGolfandSpa, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear you had to return home and were not able to stay a little longer. Your comments are heart warming and a great pleasure for us to read.
We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Mar Hall.

Kind regards

LA - Hotel Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#12 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!