“First class hospitality”

Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bishopton
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on 14th June. We tend to visit the hotel whenever we need to escape from daily life and we have never been disappointed!
We like to have scones and tea in the afternoon and they are always freshly made. The tea is never ending and service is always attentive without being intrusive.
The spa is usually quiet and facilities are kept clean and tidy and it's nice to relax for a while in the pool, sauna or steam room.
Our evening meal was fabulous! We had drinks outside while we chose from the menu and again the staff could not be faulted as they appreciated we were enjoying the lovely gardens so we were not hurried into the restaurant and the whole evening was very relaxed. Food was excellent! Mar hall does the best steak and this tends to be a favourite when we stay! We had coffee in the grand hall so we could listen to the pianist.
Breakfast is excellent and the choice is extensive.
We stayed in a mini suite which was beautiful and full of character and our only regret was that on this occasion, we could only stay for one night!
We wil definitely be returning in the near future mainly due to the wonderful staff who make you feel most welcome!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikerowson
There are newer reviews for Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went for a one night break and very impressed with staff and accommodation. we were advised on arrival we had been upgraded to a deluxe room and it was fabulous with great views over the golf course and clyde. Dinner in the cristal restaurant was excellent although our bill was wrong having had 2 deserts from another table added to ours, but this was quickly rectified after raising it. The only criticism other than that was the spead the waiters wanted to remove our plates which happened on a couple of occasions. The overall impression was of a fabulous and luxurious hotel with good service. Not cheap but still good value, especially after the upgrade. I will definitely be back with golf clubs next time as the course looked excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - room 2 is deluxe and has great facilities and views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel with lovely large room dinner was beautiful and the service throughout dinner was great as was breakfast the next day , we also used leisure facilities which I was slightly disappointed with only because I was expecting more by the rest of the hotel , our night away was a real treat

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a lovely stay there on Saturday night 14th June. We ate in the restaurant the food was amazing. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spa facility first class, afternoon tea awesome in short everything about our stay was perfect, thank you to all staff who made us feel so welcome, one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in.... First class

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrispamsteph
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My boyfriend booked me a night here for my birthday in April, and I was very much looking forward to the break.
Dinner was ok. not exceptional, a tad disappointing. And rigid stuffy dining room, no atmosphere.
The hotel is now a bit shabby and dated, the pool was tired and changing rooms smelled musty.
But, we had no real issues until we actually tried to check out.
I was charged for films we never watched, and drinks from the bar we never had. Now I am well aware that mistakes happen, and that is not the issue.
The issue is the attitude of the receptionist, she made no effort to apologise for the mistake, or even give me eye contact, and tell me that this would be resolved. I was made to feel as if I was lying about my bill, I have actually never felt so awkward in my entire life.
I work in a customer service industry, and basic things like an apology and eye contact are pretty mandatory for 1*, never mind 5*.
After eventually settling my bill, and getting home, I received an email and invoice informing me that they have deducted money off my card for minibar items (which were not there in the first place) Called the hotel, spoke to the same terrible receptionist who told me she had double checked this as I had already queried my bill that day! No dear, you and your team made mistakes with my bill, now the third time. And handled the situation terribly.
This place is so disorganised, and lacking basic systems, and management.
I was offered no apology, really really dire.
The only thing this hotel really has going for it is location. Which is probably why they have had a few celebs. It certainly is not for their service. especially for the average guest. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: rooms small and dated
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 71Laura
Karen K, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay. We take all complaints very seriously and all feedback is both welcomed and invaluable to us so we can continuously improve on our standards. We aim to always review and improve our services and therefore can I ask that you email reservations@marhall.com with your contact details and a copy/link to your review and a member of senior management will be in touch asap.

We are very sorry that your experience was less than expected on this occasion but thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

Kind regards,

The Team at Mar Hall

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent 24 hours here as part of a long service celebration dinner with myself, my partner and 35+ other work colleague guests. Arrived around 2pm and our room was ready so we went straight to the room which was in the leisure part of the complex - a bit of a walk from the main building but good exercise! Had lunch in the Spike Bar - great service and great quality food. Next we were off for a swim - fantastic sized pool for a leisure pool and very quiet with lots of natural light. Our room was a great size with a fantastic bed and a great bathroom with separate shower & deep relaxing bath. Champagne reception then dinner in the Cristal restaurant where we also had breakfast the next day. Absolutely fantastic service with great quality food and drink, even though there was clearly a lot going in at the hotel with weddings, golf guests, spa visitors etc. A really positive experience all round having only been here for lunch before. Would definitely return as a local place to enjoy a treat as a day or overnight guest.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#12 of 93 in Glasgow
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine

Been to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!