“Decidely Average”

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Decidely Average”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a beef curry which was nothing special and my son had fish (frozen) & chips which he said weren't very good.

At £12 I thought it was a bit pricey. I could get this from my local in Falkirk for about £9.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank seanmccabeuk

Vero Beach, Florida
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

With all the other choices in Dornoch, this is not a place that should be on your list. It is not at all appealing from the street and the place seems very out of character with Dornoch. My suggestion would be to walk to the Cooperative down the street and pick up the fixings and call it take away (the Cooperative also has prepared foods) as an alternative.

Golspie, United Kingdom
“Very Very Upset”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The first time I went to Alex's Chinese Takeaway, the food was mediocre, not that good to be fair. I thought I'd give it another chance today in the hopes that perhaps it was just that one time disappointment, and that it would be better today. Not the case at all. I am very upset and cannot understand how every different thing I order all seems to be Sweet & Sour! Other people may not know about Chinese food, but I certainly am very familiar with it. Today what I ordered was not only very disgusting but also nothing close to how it should have tasted or looked like. Since when does kung pao taste like sweet and sour?!?! It is supposed to be spicy! You would think they would have a little more pride in their food and culture, and serve something decent. I will never be going back again and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I am the type of person that likes anything put in front of me..this was a first!

2 Thank Elizabeth M
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Really tasty”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in a caravan nearby, on our first night we didn't feel like cooking. We had vegetable chow mein (for the two veggies), beef chow mein and chips and curry sauce. Service was quick and cheerful. The food was very tasty - would go back again.

Scotland
“Not good”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

There were 8 of us all having a range of meals none of which were good. I would describe at least 4 of us as the kind of people that are not fussy, would eat anything and generally easy pleased but the meals were just nowhere near up go the kind of standard that we have in our local Chinese takeaways in our small local town. The meals were bland, smallish, and just poor quality.

I would NOT recommend this even if you really have the notion for a Chinese meal.

• Visited April 2014