“Forget Dornoch Castle”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Dornoch
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great fresh homemade food.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Friendly patisserie with great ambience and freshly cooked food. Always clean and tidy, no matter how busy they have been. The food is excellent and as for the cakes and pastries - well wowser! Absolutely stunning range, which you can eat in or take-away. They serve all day - unlike Dornoch Castle and nothing is too much trouble - again unlike Dornoch Castle. This place makes lunch my favourite meal of the day.

1  Thank HonestJohnScotland

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Three of us ate there last week and all enjoyed what we had for lunch which included jacket potato with chicken & sweetcorn, home made sausage roll & chips. The sausage roll was delicious. Also had scones with cream which were to die for! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Julie3t
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a local resident one sometimes is quick to overlook what you know and appreciate and are more likely to review places when one is a traveller. No more.

The Patisserie has provided me a variety of cakes, pies, and other delicacies over the years, but really came to the rescue a couple of weeks ago. when I needed a birthday cake on short notice. What I received was awesome.

My eyes must have been bugging out of my head when it was presented to me. Others in the restaurant took pictures of my cake! It was delicious and well appreciated.

I won't hesitate to use the Patisserie again and to continue to support local businesses of quality.

1  Thank mahatma
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate here for a late lunch one afternoon. Everything was tasty and fresh. This is a good place for lunch, a cup of coffee or tea and sweet treats.

2  Thank LibbyH1
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited for morning coffee/cake or afternoon tea (including cake) four times during our fortnight stay - excellent cakes and very good tea and coffee. Staff were cheerful, friendly and efficient and the whole place was clean, tidy and well run. It's well located in a lovely coastal town and we will definitely go out of our way to return when we are next in the area.

1  Thank Sue M