“Great find.”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dornoch
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great find.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

More like a pub with rooms but excellent value for money. Room was great and the staff were really friendly. Located in a delightfull village(Dornoch) with afew other pubs to try.
Meal at night was excellent with our steaks done to perfection and the breakfast was ace.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Albar_Admin, Owner at The Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thanks for your terrific comments about your recent stay. It is reviews like this that makes it all worthwhile. I will take great pleasure sharing your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future. Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Whilst touring Scotland we booked this Pub/Hotel and if it had been earlier in the day when we arrived we would have walked away, The pub was fine and the booze was ok, evening meal and breakfast was pub grub but the room was awful, we booked a double and got a twin, cheap and cheerful beds and not comfy, the roller blind was broken in a downward position very tired and in much need of restoration - it served a purpose but not an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart A A
Albar_Admin, Owner at The Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
In response to your comments posted onto Trip Advisor on 19th May 2014 I do apologise that your visit to the Eagle was not as you would have expected.

I have investigated your comments and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I do apologise for the blind being broken in your room and this should have been repaired before you arrived.

Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and my apologies for the dis-satisfaction you had during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Dornoch hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for a night and it served our purpose, the bedroom was small but had everything you'd need from a bed and breakfast. We had a meal in the bar which was lovely, we had to wait a while to be served as the lady was serving drinks from the bar while taking food orders and serving the food but it was worth the wait. The breakfast was perfect too. Good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Albar_Admin, Owner at The Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,Thanks for taking the time to write for what was for the best part a great review. However my apologies it took so long to be served. Many thanks and I hope you will return to The Eagle sometime in the future
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here in the past several times while travelling north to work. We had not been in that direction for some time, so we were looking forward to staying there again. I think it has lost a lot of its character. It was always busy when we were there before, and that created a great atmosphere. Unlike one of the previous comments I actually miss the random clutter that was on the shelves around the bar. also the restaurant is now a pool room so you have breakfast in the bar in the morning. I have to say the staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was very very good. But the room was rather dismal. The window appeared to be parting company with the frame and the bathroom was very tired (the toilet roll holder fell off the wall onto my toe!) I must say that I did not feel comfortable about having a shower in that bathroom. It's a shame that the effort that goes into the food and service is spoiled by the accommodation.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Albar_Admin, Owner at The Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations further to your stay at The Eagle. I would have hoped, had we known about your dissatisfaction been able to move you to another room. I am happy to read that you had a good experience with our staff and enjoyed the food. Thank you for taking the time to review The Eagle
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Disappointing return to otherwise good wee hotel. Was given room over the bar, which has to be expected sometime,as it is a small hotel.Wasn't expecting door lock/jam to be half open with light pouring in, looks like it's been forced & not fixed properly, shook every time someone walked upstairs, 2 single beds in room with very thin duvet, pillows have seen better days. Front window shook very loudly when traffic passed. Staff friendly and food very good, but poor sleep over both nights.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George M
Albar_Admin, Owner at The Eagle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Eagle, I am sorry your stay was not as good as your last visit. I have asked my maintenance team to address the issues you listed in your review which I am sure will benefit future guests allocated this bedroom.

It makes our day though that you found the staff friendly and the food very good.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments about The Eagle, and I hope we would live up to your expectations next time you visit the area.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived a little later than expected but the hostess was extremely helpful and kind. She notified us that they were currently having boiler issues and that we would not be able to have a bath. We had booked and paid extra for a superior room that included a whirlpool bath so that we may relax after our 5 hour journey so we were disappointed to say the least. Once inside the room left a lot to be desired. Not finished to a great standard, wall paint smudged, the bathroom tiles grouting all dirty, walls had be plastered over and not painted and a dirty bedside table. After a quick clean by myself and an inspection of the bed linen I was satisfied that it was clean. Over all not a bad stay although around 2.15am there were still ''guests'' I assume wandering around the halls, talking loudly and banging doors as well as people outside of our window talking loud all evening. Breakfast was of a good standard and made up slightly for the lack of sleep. I wouldn't rush back but I have had worse experiences. I do believe though that the rooms are overpriced for the quality of them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here with friends in December. Had a great visit. Room was spacious clean & comfortable. Meals in the restaurant were excellent & good value for money. The staff were all very friendly & helpful. A most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dornoch
Dornoch Hotel
#3 of 6 in Tain
Royal Marine Hotel
Royal Marine Hotel
#1 of 2 in Brora

Been to The Eagle Hotel? Share your experiences!