Aiden House
US$362
Altnaharra Hotel(Altnaharra)
Kylesku Hotel(Kylesku)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsalexandra and kennyporridgeb bsmoked salmonfresh fruitplace to staysea viewbreakfast was amazingcooked breakfastgorgeous viewsset you up for the daywarm welcomeher husbandfabulous stayhuge choicethe perfect hosttop quality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Newly renovated house, spacious room, modern style, very nice place! We spent one night and it was great! We had a beautiful view from the second floor, surrounded by nature (and sheeps!). Breakfast was very generous and delicious (salmon was really good!). The owner gives you a lengthy list of rules at the beginning, but I guess it helps her run this nice place and make it convenient for all the guests.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CPT-USA
midge5, Owner at Aiden House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our newly build home. Sorry if you felt their was rules in Aiden house. I do have a check in period and a check out time. I also state that Aiden house is a strictly no smoking accommodation & I don't won't cigarette tips to be taken inside and been put in the bins, reason being it's a fire hazard & it smells my home out. ( this has been said to very few people ) Also I will now be putting a notice up stating that no underwear to be washed in your wash hand basins as the sand has scratched my bespoke sinks. The only other information I give on check in is where to eat in Durness & information on walks. Glad you can understand on why I do this. I want too keep Aiden house to the high standard that it's at and too make all my guests happy. Hope you enjoyed the rest off your holiday and maybe see you back one day.

Best wished,

Alexandra

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Run by the delightful Alexandra, Aiden House is a purpose built B&B at the southern edge Durness with commanding views over the village and coast. This modern timber built property is furnished in a modern style to a very high standard. Rooms are spacious with great views and facilities.
The only possible downside is at being at the far end of the drawn out settlement of Durness it is a car journey to the local beach and some of the local eateries but this is more than compensated for by the property and lovely Alexandra.
Aiden House richly deserves it's top rating on Tripadvisor.
TravlinTone tip - Booking usually essential in the holiday season but you might just get a cancellation at short notice.
Travlintone note - Aiden House does not take credit cards.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Spent one night here and were delighted with the accommodation. Everything was very high spec and beautifully done - except the blinds which we couldn't work ! Breakfast excellent, lovely fruit and kippers. Alexandra very helpful when my phone wouldn't work and made some calls for me. Good on other advice too.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were warmly welcomed by our host in this nice woodenhouse, with an elegant decoration. The breakfast was delicious with fresh Scottish salmon, probably the best smoked salmon we've ever had. The house is a bit noisy but the view it offers is wonderful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BabacheOrvault
midge5, Owner at Aiden House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Yes we are lucky to have amazing views out off every window. Scottish Salmon is beautiful , i'm glad you enjoyed it :-) Sorry to hear you had a noise issue at Aiden house, this I don't understand. Had you told me about this at time off checking out when I ask all my guests did they enjoy their stay I could off dealt with this matter. Aiden house is not a noisy house, if my guests are making a noise I will and have gone and told them to keep the noise level down. I don't recall which room you were in but I can assume that it was the double en-suite on ground floor. I allocated my rooms on booking and if you were in this room you would off been told it was on the ground floor. If it was this room their is a room above you, so yes you can hear them walking about but normally people are in bed early. When they choose to get up or how many times they visit the toilet during the night is out off my control. This is not normally a issue as people no its just a family home doing B&B. Glad you enjoyed your overall stay & hope to see you back in Aiden House.

Best wishes,

Alexandra.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed one night and our room had a fantastic view out over the ocean on both sides
Room was decent size as was the bathroom
Alexandra is a wonderful host and. Very very helpful with bookings and making you feel at home
Breakfast was very nice and plentiful with lots of lovely fresh fruit as well as all the cereals etc
It is well located for some walks along the cliffs
A lovely home in a wonderful piece of scotland

1  Thank nonna54
midge5, Owner at Aiden House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hello,

Thank your for your lovely review, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It was such a pleasure to met you & have you stay at Aiden House. Hope you enjoyed the rest off your holiday & hopefully met you again one day.

Best wishes,