“Poor expensive food”

Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Golspie
York, United Kingdom
“Poor expensive food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here just by chance on our way back from John O'Groats. As soon as we walked in I knew we had made a mistake. But we thought we would chance it. My daughter and I had the haddock and chips, which turned out to be very deep fried, with a thick awful batter. My wife had the salmon which smelled off. We left the food pretty much uneaten, but that didn't seem to raise an eyebrow, so I guess that must be used to food being left. Being polite brits we paid and left. I'd avoid and keep driving.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Price increase!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very disappointed with our last visit (and it will be our last!)
We were given a menu, so we picked our food, while half way through our main course we were told by a waitress that there had been a price increase, so we would have to pay more for our meal than the price on the menu, not wanting to cause a scene we paid and left.
That was my third visit in less than a month, I have gone from recommending the hotel to my friends, family and work colleagues to warning them all not to go due to the price increase between ordering and paying.

Plus a light in the male toilets wouldn't go amiss.