“In love with this place”
Review of Kylesku Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kylesku
Kylesku Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kylesku
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for one night on the 7th April and were completely blown away by the level of care and attention that the owners and staff pay to guests and to ensuring everyone's stay is comfortable. This wasn't just comfortable, it was genuinely delightful. We stayed in a room that had the largest bed I've ever seen and was more comfortable than home. The vegetarian options on the menu were fantastic and the meat/seafood options sounded so good, we almost 'turned'. Dogs in front of open fires, delicious beers, good conversation with lovely people in a setting that would inspire poets.....if there are better things in life, let me know. Lucky we are only a 21 hour flight away. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Room number 4 is as big as a barn, very quiet and has a huge bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stohn
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Stohn,
Thank you so much for your incredibly generous feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us, and hope that you will be able to join us again before too long. We think this is a wonderful place for the soul, and thrilled that you think so too.
Have a great rest of your trip,

There are newer reviews for Kylesku Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2014

There's only one work for the Kylesku Hotel: Perfection! I booked here because dogs were welcome (first priority) and the food reviews were good (second priority). Dogs are not just welcome, they are adored (well, my Joey was!). The food was divine (I had pan-fried Kinlochbervie John Dory); the views are to die for; the staff are so lovely; and the bed was comfortable. What more do you need? Planning my return already.

Room Tip: I was in a room up the steep attic stairs which were initially daunting. However, the comfort of th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vict0riaSquare

Dear Vict0riaSquare,
Thank you for this lovely review. I'm so pleased you and Joey enjoyed your first visit to Kylesku. Whilst we do indeed adore dogs, I have to admit that Joey was particularly gorgeous!
I hope you enjoyed your visit to Highland Stoneware, and we hope to welcome you back after your visit to Orkney in the summer,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Every now and again in life you run across a place that makes you want to stay longer simply because of what it is. The Kylesku Hotel is one such place.

The entire package of what they offer is absolutely fantastic. My only disappointment was that we couldn't stay longer. Sonya and Tanya and all the staff were absolutely fantastic. They have the balance right.

The current staff are possibly the best I have ever been exposed to. Have stayed at a lot of places around the world, but the staff at the Kylesku are simply the best I have experienced.

The rooms are great, better then your average place - especially their bathrooms - water pressure is great. Room beautifully set out.

I cannot praise this place enough. Wish we could have stayed longer. Those coming to this part of Scotland should stay at least 3 nights at the Kylesyu Hotel - you will fall in love with this place - we have.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John H

Dear John,
Thank you for your kind review- this will mean a lot to the whole team. I'm sorry that you both weren't able to stay longer too! Maybe next time!!
I hope you have a great rest of your trip, and have fun planning the french leg!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel and been on our list to visit for a long time and we finally managed to stay here for two nights early in March, not long after it had re-opened for the season. The room was gorgeous and the view just stunning - helped by two of the most sunny days this year. The staff were fantastic - always full of suggestions of things to do in the area - and the food was wonderful - the fish pie and burgers cannot be recommended highly enough and the breakfast menu was a pleasant change from the usual standard big breakfast options (although that was also available).

The worst thing we can think of to say about the visit is the tiles on the bathroom floor were absolutely freezing cold - maybe think about underfloor heating when next being refurbished and in the meantime provide slippers?

The coastal route to Lochinver is a must for stunning scenery and beaches.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Fifimac69,
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at Kylesku. Whilst I can honestly say that the surroundings are fantastic, whatever the weather, the sunshine always shows it off at its best!
Thank you for your pointer the the bathroom flooring- we are planning a further 3 bedrooms for this winter, and will be putting in underfloor heating!
We hope to welcome you back before too long,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a small well run hotel in a stunning location and we would love to return. It is modest,
and the rooms, though clean and well presented are fairly run of the mill. What makes this hotel special though are the staff, the good food, the atmosphere and the excellent service.
I know it has recently won an award which is justified, but although it calls itself a country house hotel, it really is a delightful pub/restaurant with rooms. We enjoyed every minute - whether enjoying the gorgeous views and walks, sitting in front of the wood burning stove, or eating locally caught fish. Our room was comfortable but readers should be aware that this is not a country house on the scale or Torridon, Ardeansaig or even Lochinver, with bath robes, luxurious products etc., but then you are paying half the price. My advice to anyone wanting to escape for a few days it to visit this delightful spot. You will not be disappointed. Excellent value.

Room Tip: We chose Room 8 as we had a small dog (this is a very dog friendly hotel) and we had direct outside...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reports

Dear Reports,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your first stay with us- the annexe is always a popular choice- particularly for dog owners.
Incidentally, I'm not sure where you read about us being a country house hotel? We describe ourselves as 'an old coaching inn' and agree wholeheartedly with your description of us as a pub/restaurant with rooms!
We hope to be able to welcome you back next time you are visiting the NW Highlands,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I wasn't able to stay at the inn asw it was full, but the staff helpfully phoned a local B&B for me. Whilst waiting I stayed in the bar and had a lovely chat with the locals and bar staff, and enjoyed the stunning location from the windows. It really is magnificent, with sweeping views up and down the loch and a lovely little bay. The location is very isolated, but the inn its self was friednly and modern, from what i saw without losing the character. I had made a conscious choice to go and eat there and returned for dinner later that evening. I have only eaten seafood as fresh and as tasty as this in the UK, previously in Cornwall. The presentation was excellent and the qualuity was outstanding. Having spent time living in Asia, and now on an atlantic island I have high standards and I was blown away by this. Highly recommended. I would defintely return in the future. All in all a lovely, friendly hotel/ restaurant in the highlands, highly reccomended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jelsby,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I'm really pleased that we managed to help you find somewhere to stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in the area.
As for our seafood- we are spoilt to have such wonderful produce available on our doorstep and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Another warm welcome from a lovely friendly hotel.
Fantastic staff and owners.
Can't wait to get back missing manuell!
Doesn't matter if raining. Beer, food, scenery and atmosphere make it all worthwhile!!
Big shout out to Tanja, Sonia, Joe, Jay, Heather, Carlie, Denise, Mark, Orshi and Amy.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1105pah,
It was great to see you both again recently, and I'm really pleased you had such a lovely stay. We're all very much looking forward to seeing you again this summer, and looking forward to more fun and frolics!!
See you very soon,
Tanja

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kylesku
Inver Lodge Hotel
Oak Lodge Bed & Breakfast
B&B Philosophy
B&B Philosophy
#1 of 1 in Stoer

Been to Kylesku Hotel? Share your experiences!