“Great in the name and great it is.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drumnadrochit
Great Glen Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 32 Drumnadrochit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lovely B&B with a difference, the room we had was equipped with kitchen facilities, so for those staying for longer periods you don't have to eat out every night. I was with some American friends and we only stayed one night. It is set in a beautiful surroundings and has it's own farm animals including 2 highland cows.

We shared a large family room which had a separate bedroom. It was furnished to a high standard. The breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day.

I would definitely like to stay longer on another occasion.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Great Glen Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We travelled from Saddleworth to Great Glen B & B - by we I mean me, my husband, our 6 year old daughter, 6 month old puppy, 2 horses, a road bike and my parents! It was a mammoth 8 hour trip towing the trailer but by golly was it worth it! On the approach to Drumnadrochit you drive along side Loch Neess and what an amazing sight. When we arrived at Great Glen B & B we were met by our hosts Sonia and Graham. Sonia came straight over to help unload our horses. Then Sonia showed us to our suites. Me, my husband and daughter stayed in the Urqhart Suite and my parents were next doot in the Affric Suite. Both rooms are spacious, clean, bright, airy and pleasantly decorated with very comfy beds and plenty of storage! There is a fridge - idesal for storing the beer!!Large bathroom with a power shower - endless hot water! From the main door of the suite there are fantastic views of the forests which surround the area. Curtains are there to cover the glass in the door but we only used them at night - why would anyone want to shut out that view?? It's not as if the accomodation is surrounded by the marauding massess gazing into your suite!! My parents suite was all of the above and also had a kitchen area which was great - and a bath which my 6 year old used every night! The horses had a field to themselves and the use of stables when needed to tack up and groom etc. A huge menage as well - bliss for me & my daughter who are both horsey! A perfect base for the cyclists amongst us - road cyclists and mountain bikers alike! Our puppy slept in his own little case ahhh bless him!
What can I say about the breakfasts (which are served upstairs in the living area of the house) other than DELICIOUS!!! Loads of choice and all well cooked. Service with a smile every morning! A varied breakfast menu, a buffet style breakfast then a cooked breakfast and plenty of fruit juice and tea & coffee (plenty of warm milk for my coffee!!).
Sonia & Graham couldn't do enough for us. They are such lovely people. Sonia invited us to join her & her pony Fly on a trip to Nairn Beach - it was lovely cantering along the sand but incredibly windy!! Midweek, Sonia invited my daughter and her pony to join her 2 grand daugters and their ponies in the arena and had the children doing mounted pony club games - they all loved it!! Sonia's daughter was there and her son - it really is a family run business and that makes you feel very much at home.
We BBQ'd on the lovely terrace outside our suites several times during the course of the week and on one night we invited Sonia, Graham & Andrew to join us - a really good night was had by all!
Our daughter loved playing on the horse swing on the lawn, sliding herself and our puppy down the slide and bouncing on the trampoline! Grandad put in some putting practice on the lawn!
We have already booked to stay at Great Glen B&B next year - this time for 2 weeks as one week was just not long enough. We have made great friends with Sonia and Graham - such lovely approachable people who do everything they can to make your stay with them in what is effectively their home extremely enjoyable and relaxing.
We were all incredibly sad to be going home but all good things must come to an end. Besides it's not like we won't be returning!! Roll on August 2014!!
Best holiday we've ever had - staying at Great Glen B&B is a must
Anyone who says anything to the contrary clearly hasn't actually stayed at Great Glen and therefore is talking total and utter garbage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

lovely location and atmosphere, the rooms are a great size and the host very helpful despite it being a b&b thus extra service isn't normally included.

there is also a hot tub and beautiful little buildings which offer privacy and are simply stunning!

the owners are lovely and there are beautiful highland cows at the end of the drive!

great food, I couldn't recommend it more!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here and found it very over rated. Close to a main road. Small rooms. Very old fashioned in feel and not enough room. Big glass doors and window gave no privacy. Depends what you are used to I suppose but not what I was led to believe from other views on here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank James87603
alicedrumnadrochit, Owner at Great Glen Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Our rooms are in no way small. Other reviewers have described them as apartments and guests have the use of a very large lounge. All rooms have their own entrances onto 2 large well lit Patio's which have proved very popular. All doors have floor length curtains for privacy. Great Glen B&B are proud of their 4 star gold award from Visit Scotland which we work hard for, to achieve a consistently high standard for all our guests.
We do hope our prospective guests will read the many excellent reviews for Great Glen B&B on this site and not be put off by this one review.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Myself,My husband, 2 children, and chocolate labrador stayed here and we had an amazing 3 night stay friendly owners and the place was spotless we cannot wait to go back again and stay as it waa like a piece of heaven! I cannot praise it enough please visit as words do not do justice absolutley ideal location beautiful place and lovely owners we will be back soon

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sarahcooper1
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here over night in the Great Glen Suite - excellent accommodation and the best Breakfast I have had in a B & b for a long time. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the accommodation was 1st class. We had a family suite with 2 bedrooms, and full kitchen facilities. With the Highland cows, horses, and sheep in close proximity my American friends really enjoyed it - especially the Highland cows which I had hoped we would see on our journey, so imagine their delight when they were just across the street and waiting for the perfect photo opportunity. I am recommending this B & B to Canadian family how are coming over next month.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We spent two nights at Great Glen in the month of August 2013 and it was great !
The house is in a wonderful place, surrounded by a beautiful garden and a lovely patio with chairs and tables so you can rest outside enjoing the nature while children play and jump in the garden (there are toys for them). There is also a hot tube out side in the garden!
Rooms are lovely, with everything you need in it, we were in Affric Suite, the bathroom is simply super !!
Breakfast is good, in a lovely and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drumnadrochit
Drumnadrochit Hotel
#19 of 32 in Drumnadrochit
Benleva Hotel
Benleva Hotel
#14 of 32 in Drumnadrochit

Been to Great Glen Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!