“Fiddler's.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

While touring Scotland this year, had an Evening meal at Fiddler's Bar+Restaurant in Drumnadrochit. A cosy atmosphere, its well located and a short distance from Loch Ness. Staff are polite/friendly and give good service. Food is delicious and great value. Recommended.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Beautiful setting, lovely pub, gorgeous food, worth a visit . Nice outside seating area , whom allow dogs

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I came on here to write a review as I've eaten here a few times before as I regularly pass through on business and it's always been a great place to stop for a meal, the food is always excellent and the atmosphere is generally very relaxed and fun. The staff are always welcoming and quick to recommend local whiskies and beers which I always like in more rural establishments such as Fiddler's.

However looking through the other reviews on here there is a recent 1 star review from a user called McPhoo. I'd like to point out that this person's review is gibberish. I was sitting across from them at the time and their behaviour was ridiculous. Firstly ordering a plate of smoked salmon, clearly labelled in the menu as 'COLD smoked salmon', eating part of it, then sending it back and not expecting to pay for it simply because they changed their mind and wanted chips instead. They were very rude to the waiting staff, who were actually very polite and responded well despite the fact that the restaurant was very busy, which is apparently always the case in August so it's best to book if you are planning to come along.

It seems a shame that trip advisor is so often used by arrogant customers to settle petty scores against establishments which are actually great and do an excellent job. The fault was definitely theirs not the staff's. Don't pay attention to that McPhoo review, Fiddler's is a fantastic place, ideal for a family night out or even if you're just looking to recharge after a long day on the road. Excellent food, fun and friendly service and a great atmosphere.

3  Thank Angus M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After a long day out we stopped here for an evening meal. We had no table booked but the staff managed to get us a table. Excellent menu with daily specials. Food took a while to come but the place was very busy, when it did come it didn't disappoint. Well cooked & generous portions.
Three happy customers.

1  Thank STL1970
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We just finished our meal at Fiddler's and the service was terrible! We were casually dressed but not too casual, however the staff was borderline rude to us. We were treated like crap. I wasn't happy with my meal and when I sent it back they still made me pay for it. The manager was extremely rude to me and acted like I was a moron for even complaining slightly. I may be a tourist, but I'm not stupid. There isn't much for choice in this beautiful little town, but I would never suggest or recommend this restaurant to anyone!