“worth it”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$61.01*
and up
Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise Including Visit to Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness...
More Info
US$46.42*
and up
Loch Ness Cruise Including Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a 5 star visitor attraction and retail complex. Loch Ness is already the most famous lake in the world but our aim is to make it better understood. This is achieved through a fully audio visually guided 35 minute tour. The presentation is theatrical in style and integrates the real tools and archive footage from four decades of research. As part of our educational remit, under 6s go free. The facts are objectively explained and whilst keeping the mystery centre stage, we place it in the context of the loch's very unusual properties. Thus we are endorsed by Scottish Natural Heritage as "A portal to the unique natural phenomenon that is Loch Ness". We offer a huge range of retail onsite and boat cruises on Loch Ness in the summer months. There is also a large cafe and restaurant attached to the site.
Stockport, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“worth it”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

this was my 2nd time visiting an I must say it was just as enjoyable as the last time, a few things had changed to keep it interesting. if your interested in the legend of the loch ness monster and other myths of the loch ness then this is a must see, excellent visual and audio things to see and hear and something different to do. well worth it. they even offer loch ness boat trips. thumbs up.

Visited November 2013
LochNessCentre, Manager at Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for visiting us for a second time, we love to see people coming back to see the new things we've done. I'm so glad you enjoyed our new area with the scale models of all the things The Loch Ness Project (based here) has discovered in the Loch. Being able to listen and see eye witness reports is very interesting and everyone loves the walk on water floor and laser show. Thanks again for the wonderful review.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Glendale, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 307 helpful votes
“Quintessential Loch Ness Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Loch Ness is filled with tourist traps, all of them wanting to cash in on the Nessy mania. The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is the hub of it all. This is the place that all of the tour buses stop. We arrived early in the morning, just minutes before the buses arrived and we were the first in line when the doors opened.

I love tourist traps, really I do. The Loch Ness Centre does a good job at presenting the information in an entertaining manner.

The exhibit is set up so that you travel through it in small groups (maybe twenty people). There are a series of rooms, each with an multi-media presentation. For example, the first room is themed like a cave and certain prehistoric fossils are highlighted through the presentation. It's informative and the design of the building maximizes crowd flow.

The final area is an open exhibit in which you explore at your own pace. They have a listening station where you can hear eye-witness accounts of Nessy sightings. There are the obligatory grainy Nessy photos. It's a mix of fact and lore.

The museum was good, but having spent the previous day on a rib tour of the loch, I felt like the information was repetitive. There simply is not enough Nessy material to bother with two attractions. I preferred the boat tour because the Loch is stunning.

Overall this is a decent exhibition and might be good for people who want to learn about the loch, but don't want to go on a thrilling speed boat ride! It took about 45 min to walk through.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited September 2013
LochNessCentre, Manager at Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the exhibition and found it interesting and well laid out. We try hard to offer a variety of things for the visitor, from our interactive water floor, our eye witness accounts, the multimedia presentations and special effects there's certainly a lot to see and do. We also offer cruises on the Loch on Deepscan the very boat that you see on the films! a cruise and a visit to the exhibition go well together and complement each other perfectly. I'm sorry your rib ride gave you an insight to some of the exhibitions content but we are a great source of information for both local companies and worldwide media such as National geographic and Discovery channel. Also since The Loch Ness project and Adrian Shine himself are based here we always have the latest information available to us!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very informative and interesting”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to visit the Centre as I was wary it may be just a money making 'tacky' venture. I couldn't have been more wrong!! A very interesting, well presented, informative experience.Scientific and historical facts mixed with the myths. Utterly amazing and to be recommended highly!

Visited November 2013
Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you found the exhibition to be interesting, well presented, informative, scientific and historical! I am grateful that you took the time to come on trip advisor and let other people know how much you enjoyed your visit.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very Well Explained”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a very friendly welcome at the ticket desk, everything was explained clearly to us. There is a wealth of information thrown at you throughout the exhibition, but it is explained very clearly and in an interesting way.
The rooms are dark but there were children in with us and none of them seemed to be bothered (more interested in Nessie). It is worth a trip if you are in the area as this is where the legend began.

2 Thank Fraser87
Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you appreciated the welcome at the ticket desk and that you thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition and all the information you gained. Its great to hear that the children in your group also enjoyed themselves. Everyone loves to see the actual equipment used in the Loch such as the Worlds smallest submarine and the scale models of the things we've found such as The Wellington Bomber are very popular. Young and old alike all love the interactive walk on water floor and the special effects. I appreciate the time you've taken to come and leave a review, many thanks
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Really good visit. A little more light please.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Visited this month, 1st time for me, second for the rest of the party.

I found it really interesting and informative. They also enjoyed it second time around.

The only comment would be about light. One of our party had poor sight and because of the darkness between the rooms found it difficult to move around from room to room.

I appreciate it was all on the level and doors were wide, but a little more light wouldn't go amiss.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit and that other members of your group enjoyed it second time around. We have added a lot of new features over the past two years such as the interactive water floor and a huge new area dedicated to the things that have been found in the Loch by the Loch Ness Project (based here in the laboratories upstairs)

I am grateful for the feedback about the lighting. We do try very hard to achieve a balance between having enough light to move around and it been dark enough for you to see the screens and special effects. After each five minute segment the lights come on fully in the areas between each room so that you can pass safely between them. Thank you for your comments.