Drumnadrochit Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
US$139
US$167
Priory Hotel(Beauly)
US$134
US$115
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$181
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
All reviewsloch nessexhibition centreboat tourhotel roomlocal attractionslong drivecomfy bedurquhart castlebistronessiehighlandsdrum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We found the staff very friendly and helpful however the hotel isn't very nice, the room hadn't been hovered, no remote control for the tv, the shower burnt my girlfriend, the bath was cracked and the curtains stained. Full credit to the staff for being so friendly but didn't like the hotel, we decided not to complain as we didn't want the stress.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived late at the Dromnadrochit with no other options that were reasonable so were pleased to have a good place to stay. While the hallways left something to be desired, the rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. This is a good, economical place to stay and the restaurant provided a delicious full "English" breakfast as part of the rate. The Loch Ness museum is next door but we did not have a chance to visit leaving early the next morning. Loch Ness is right outside, a bonus!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoastalSunCary_NC
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here last week whilst walking Great Glen. Good clean room with a comfortable bed. Bath very welcome after a hard day walking.Meals a good standard although fresh haddock from Loch Ness was a bit OTT. Sean the manager was quite a character, if not a bit pushy promoting his bar
Staff very helpful and friendly. Would recommend
to any person doing the great Glen walk

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Although the room was a little dated and in need of a make-over, it was warm and clean. After booking a twin room, we were upgraded to a family room on arrival. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was great and arrived promptly. A thoroughly enjoyable Scottish experience made better by the fact I had a good deal on the room price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bryngirl
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here recently while walking the Great Glen Way. The was shown to a single room in the annexe behind the hotel. I hate to be critical but for £44 for a single room, I expected something a bit better.

The room really wasn't big enough to swing a cat, there was a portable heater on the floor to heat the whole room but this meant the bathroom was frozen. The holder on the wall holding the hairdryer was hanging off the wall, held in by screws but no wall plugs to hold them in, the same really applied to the plug sockets by the bed. The Tv had no remote and only seemed to have 4 channels, I have no idea what they were apart from Sky News. There also appeared to have no cold water in the sink but lots of hot water. There was no Wifi as the room was too far away from the main building.

Anyway, the positives.

The single bed was comfy enough and I slept ok, the shower was very nice once I got the heat setting correct and it was quiet, which suited me. I think the general opinion on here is that the staff are much better than the hotel and this was true on my visit. They were friendly when I spoke to them and very helpful in the morning for breakfast, which was very nice and set me up for the long walk ahead that day.

The location of the hotel is nice but some of it could do with being knocked down and rebuilt to a more modern standard. A single portable heater for a room in the Scottish Highlands would be a nightmare in winter, thank goodness it wasn't that cold on my visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo