“very helpful”

Drumnadrochit Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Drumnadrochit
Reviewed 20 February 2014

They were expecting a large party to come in but as we didn't want a full 3 course meal they managed to fit us in before. It was really scrumptious food, well presented and well cooked. 5 star standard in my eyes.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Out of all the places we ate in Drumnadrochit this was my least favourite. I'm not saying it was bad, it just wasn't anything special. There was nobody else in the restaurant when we arrived (6pm ish) so I thought that perhaps they weren't open until later. We hovered for a while, then just as we were about to leave, a girl came up to us.
Service was ok, the staff weren't rude just a bit disinterested (with the exception of a man - perhaps the manager - who seemed to speak good french and was very charming).
The meal was average though the sticky toffee pudding after was delicious. Overall it just average hotel food, just nothing memorable and let down by the staff and atmosphere. I wouldn't avoid the place, but I wouldn't rush back either.

1  Thank Muppet333
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

A few us stopped for a bite to eat here after some had gone round the centre.
I was very disappointed and embarrassed being from the highlands at the poor service and food.
Disinterested staff mentioned by another's review kind of sums it up.
Bit of a captive customer base but that should not need poor service and it was pretty dirty as well.
Plenty of room for improvement

2  Thank PeteRRHH
Reviewed 29 September 2013

On12 August 2013, sixteen of my family reunion group members descended on this restaurant. The staff was very pleasant, efficient and helpful. Fish and chips as well as soups were what was ordered by most. No complaints! We sat upstairs which was very enjoyable.

1  Thank DRH0PS
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Disinterested staff, unmarked sandwiches in a chiller cabinet which was not even turned on! We left before they could do us any harm. Shocking disregard of food hygeine and safety.

2  Thank angusquine