“Beautiful little B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 31 Drumnadrochit B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“Beautiful little B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great location we found the B&B easy enough with the help from the locals at the fish and chip shop, the room was immaculate the bathroom also immaculate and loved that we didn't have to share one with anyone else. I slept like a log as did my husband. Breakfast was delicious heaps of parking space a great spot that I would return to

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brisbane,Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good location,good breakfast, comfortable bed, lovely host, a bit light on on bathroom supplies . However, the room was tiny and the bathroom door was barely a modesty screen. If your travel companion is using the bathroom, turn the TV up loud or go for a walk!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MegDav
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a bit of trouble finding this B&B but a quick phone call to Sarah the friendly manager and we were there. Our room was immaculate and the bed very comfy; I had a great night's sleep. The private bathroom was also immaculately clean. There is plenty of on-site parking and a great pub just down the road The cooked breakfast in the morning was really good. I only stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Spent our 2 weeks holiday here with my fiancé‎. It is a holiday that we will always remember! When we arrived, after a 10 hour train ride :) The moment we walked in we felt like home. Sarah was so welcoming, kind and friendly, showed us around: our room, the lounge area where breakfast is served, including the lovely fireplace that kept us warm and cosy every now and then, after a long hiking and walking day <3 . We've been watching what else, but Loch Ness movies that she has in her DVD collection, near the crackling fire :) As Nessie hunters they are must see movies, we certainly enjoyed them!!
Both Sarah and her husband Darren are very helpful and easy to get-on with, you can feel instantly like home, excellent hospitality.

Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable, very good size, it was exactly what we were looking for: a relaxing room to sleep in and rest after a day out in the mountains. Bathroom and shower was excellent too.

Breakfast is amazing, you have plenty of choices, keeps everyone's tummy happy! Sarah even changed the scrambled egg with smoked salmon option to omelette with salmon as I prefer omelette :) And I must say she cooks just like my mother cooks for me back home and my mother's food is as tasty and perfectly cooked as Sarah's, the breakfast is delicious!

Their tips helped us very much with our hiking and walking plans, anything you need to know to orient yourself, just ask, they are totally helpful! It is the perfect location if you're planning on walking and hiking around Loch Ness, but plan your trips as it does take time :) We stayed for 2 weeks and still didn't succeed to walk around the entire length of the mountains! The walks and hikes are totally worth it, even without a car. Car is helpful to get you around from one end to the other and take you to the start of the walks, not to mention faster, but we managed without one too. There are buses that can help you get to your destination some with changes through Inverness or directly, depending where you need to travel (just don't forget to pick up some bus timetables from Inverness). The views from the mountains are breathtaking, I recommend taking each and every walks and hikes that there are in Sarah's brochures and website. Most amazing are the Glen Affric walk, The Plodda Falls, Bunloit - Alltsigh, The Foyers Falls, The Old Coffin Track - Great Glen way and the unmissable Urquhart Castle. The shores of Loch Ness are just 10-15 minutes away (walking through the forest) and to Urquhart Castle is about a 30 minute walk :)

We highly recommend it to everyone who want to visit the beauty of the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness as a base, it is a perfect location with totally amazing, warm and helpful hosts. We will definitely come back for our next visit!

Thank you Sarah for everything! :) <3 <3

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This place is great. we will come back next year again if we can.. the food is great, Sarah the host is very kind and welcoming and the location is brilliant.. it is near another excellent pub called the Loch ness inn. You can walk to the loch, you can walk the great glen.. this is a truly wonderful place..the room is clean, there is lots of parking.. Stay a couple of nights and you can enjoy everything the local place has to offer!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Family run B&B with lovely people. Nothing is a trouble for the proprietors. Rooms are a good size and spotlessly clean. Away from the hustle and bustle of Inverness but close enough to visit. Excellent base to tour Loch Ness and the surrounds. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: All rooms on the ground floor accessibility is very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Travelled as a family with a young child.

When we first arrived, I was not happy. We had been driving eight long hours, I was in desperate need of a toilet and a stretch out on a bed, but when we got there, there was no one home. We had to wait an hour before anybody turned up. Had no way to let anybody know, that we were there. The place looked worn down, not been decorated since the 40s, and to add to bad mood, we didn't have en-suite. We did have our own private bathroom but we had to leave the room to get to the bathroom (which was straight opposite to the bedroom).

After I had a chance to freshen up, Sarah, the owner came to introduce herself and straight away I felt more cheerful, she was very friendly and chatty. Made us feel right at home. We stayed for two nights and she was always as lovely, always had time to chat and recommend places to see that we would not have come across without her.

The breakfast was good. Had a good variety to choose from. We tried the fry up on the first morning, and it was good. I found mine too salty, but I don't eat cooked breakfasts usually, I just like to try them out when I am away. Loved the haggis! My partner and son loved their breakfasts, they were happy with theirs. So the saltiness was my issue alone:) The second morning I had smoked haddock with scrambled egg, one the best things I have ever tasted!! My partner had a cheese omelette and son had another cooked breakfast. Both loved theirs, again.

The B&B is located in the most beautiful spot, the views from the bedroom were breath-taking! The local village is a walking distance away. There is a kids park nearby as well, which my son loved. It was a chance for him to do something fun after a long day of walking. Sarah and Darren had kids as well, so they provided playful company in the evening as well, which was nice.

After my initial shock of the old décor, I learned never to judge by first impression. It was clean, bed was very comfortable and the décor made absolutely no difference to our enjoyment. I don't care if the place was orange overall, the owners are still lovely, food is yummy, slept really well.. No complaints at all! We are actually looking to go back as soon as. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast, and we would definitely visit Aslaich again! Next time, I will let them know what sort of time we will be arriving though..:)

Room Tip: Room 1 had the bathroom outside the room. Also it is the first room when you come in, so at night wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanja L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drumnadrochit
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#5 of 31 in Drumnadrochit
Morlea B&B
Morlea B&B
#7 of 31 in Drumnadrochit

Been to Aslaich Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!