“A really good and welcoming B&B on the Great Glen Way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drumnadrochit
Bridgend House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 32 Drumnadrochit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed at Bridgend for one night before finishing my walk along the West Highland and Great Glen Ways in May 2011. I booked a double room with ensuite.

This was a really happy and comfortable final stopover in two weeks of walking.

I was warmly welcomed on arrival by the owner Ros. She was charming and imediately made me feel comfortable.

My double room was of a good size (based on B&B standards) and comfortably furnished. My room and the entire B&B were clean and well presented. My room had a pleasant aspect out over the village green.

It had been raining as I walked and Ros immediately offerred to dry out any clothing I wanted to in her area of the house (much nicer than having to drape wet items around your room).

Ros suggested a couple of options in the village for dinner and I elected for Fiddlers across the village green. It was a good choice, more a restaurant than a pub and it was very busy - tip if you want to go there for a meal book in. It has a great range of malt whiskies if that is your thing.

The breakfast room at Bridgend is really well furnished and cosy AND the breakfast was great. In 12 weeks of recent travelling Bridgend was one of the two best places I stayed in terms of the breakfast offerings particularly in terms of fruit. The home made stewed rhubarb with an added touch of ginger jam was sublime (two other breakfast guests apparently agreed).

In conclusion, Bridgend also has the advantage, if you are a walker. of being right beside the Great Glen Way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JeremyPaul99

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Ros (owner) doesn't miss a thing! The rooms are decorated and furnished beautifully. The amenities are unbelievable - there are even two kinds of cotton swabs in the bathroom. Location is great - right on the village green. You can walk to shops, restaurants etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agnesv5
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Ros and Molly were very welcoming, it is a fantastic place to stay,fantastic breakfast, and close to fiddlers for you evening meal,your room is very comfotable, would stay again but this time with my wife,

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank quitemystic
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Rosayln's(and Molly's!) welcome will not be forgotten in a hurry - from the moment we stepped into the cottage to the moment we left 2 days later we were give 5 star treatment. From the tea tray, biscuits, sherry & fresh fruit in our room to the sumptious breakfast, to advice about where to eat, to Rosalyn's wonderful personality, everything about our stay was memorable. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My Mum and I stayed at Bridgend B&B for one night on our way through the area and we really enjoyed our stay.

We stayed in a twin room and it was really like staying in luxury. Ros (the hostess) had thought about all the little extra things that went above what you would expect to be in a B&B. The room was very neat and well decorated and compared to others we have stayed in, quite spacious. The beds were really comfortable. The location was great, close to the little village and the walking trails were only a short walk away. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and again, no small detail had been over looked.

Ros was very friendly and willing to help and give any local advice if you wanted it including where to eat dinner. The only thing was, when we first arrived, dragging our suitcases on the pebble ground - Ros expressed her annoyance with us through a few snappy words, because of some pebbles that had gotten out of place and were now on her pavement. It gave me the impression that I shouldn't dare put anything out of place and made us very alert/careful of where we trod for the rest of our stay.

But all in all, a very comfortable and enjoyable place to stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of luxury in a nice environment.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My wife and our friends stayed at this B & B recently on our trip to Scotland. The house is immaculately kept, is historical, and the landlady is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. If there is an amenity that one would think they need Ros will have already thought of it and it is in your room. The Ros as we would like to call her makes you feel welcome and almost one of her family the instant she opens the door to her home. She and her dog Molly made our stay so good we felt bad that we had to say good-bye to both of them. If one is looking for the very best in a Scottish B & B we heartily recommend the Bridgend House B & B. Ros helped us see things around her area that we didn't even know existed and her breakfast are first rate. She claims to not be a morning person, but she really didn't act like she didn't like getting up to care for her guests. On a scale of 1 - 10 we would rate this a 100!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Roslyn was an excellent hostess - warm, welcoming, friendly, funny - a very lovely lady. She also spent some time with us and a map to help navigate our way through the rest of our trip. Molly, her cocker spaniel, was also very friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, and cozy. The breakfast was massive and delicious, so I recommend skipping dinner beforehand.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple