“Great stay again!”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Missouri
“Great stay again!”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Once again, a great stay. Great desk clerk, and super nice and CLEAN room. This hotel is one we actually schedule our trips to GA around.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
TonyaKeener, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! We look forward to your future visits!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2011

we stayed here on our way back from disney world and i will say for the price it was a pretty nice hotel.the people at the front desk were very friendly. our room was very nice i didnt expect it to be as nice as it was with the price being so low.the only 2 complaints i have was the pool was really small and the breakfast was also small. I liked the hotel i probably wouldn't stay there again though because i try to stay at hotels that offer breakfast so we can save money and that didnt happen staying there. the kids were both still hungry after we left.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind compliments on our hotel. We do have a Deluxe Continental Breakfast bar full of options for most travellers. We are apologize if our complimentary breakfast was less than satisfactory to you and your family. We are close to several restaurants for those travellers who would like a hearty hot breakfast.
Southwest Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stopped here on our way to Illinois from Florida. the hotel was clean and the staff at the front desk was friendly. My complaint was that we were not told on check in that the pool was not working because of a lightning strike the week before that affected the pump. We only found out after I went to the front desk (an hour after check in) to ask for pool towels. I was told that the pump was not working and that the water had to be checked by the health department before they could open it. Our 6 year old was DEVESTATED. After 13 hours in the car he was more than ready to burn off some steam! A little while later (when we came back in with our dinner) the front desk clerk told us that they had put a "bunch of chemicals in the pool and it should be OK to swim in"....Seriously????!!!!???? Not going to throw my kid in a pool where they have just dumped some chemicals and hope that it is safe. I wish they had told us on check in that this was an issue it would have at least prevented us from letting our little one get all decked out in swim gear and then take it away.
Other than that the hotel was clean, the front desk clerk was friendly and it is an excellent location for those travelling on I24. There are lots of choices for fast food (some even within walking distance).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel is fairly new and in much better condition than its neighboring hotels. The beds are the most comfortable; much better than many high-end or resorts. Staff was friendly. Decor is modern and crisp. That said, there needs to be some attention to housekeeping. Upon entering the bathroom, the first thing I noticed were several strands of long hair on the bathtub ledge. The microwave did not have a glass turning plate so could not be used and both it and the refrigerator had food splatters/crumbs from the previous guest. There is also the annoying policy of charging you $1.50 for use of the safe unless you ask them to take it off when you check out. Overall, good value for the money and since it is not right on the interstate, it is quiet and restful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your generous compliments about our hotel. I do apologize for the missing microwave plate and cleanliness issues in the room. Currently we are under new management and we have re-trained our staff members, using your review as one of our examples. I can assure you the issues have been addressed and corrected! We hope you give us another try in you should travel through manchester, TN again!
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Overall the Microtel Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN is excellent value for money. It's modern, clean, the rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly. Breakfast is typical, basic but adequate.

The only complaint came on the 7th and final night of our stay. Having suffered a particularly poor night's sleep, due to shouting, clapping, singing, doors slamming etc. from the entrance lobby areas and directly outside our room (from midnight till about 3am) we quizzed the lady on reception upon checking-out the next morning why the staff hadn't brought it under control, given the reception desk in the lobby is manned 24hrs. We were amazed to learn the conference room, which is directly opposite our room, had been booked till 3am for an after Wedding party!.... Though this explained the excessive noise, it didn't explain why the 'management' thought it was reasonable to have other paying guests directly opposite it (or even on the same floor as it). We suggested they should have moved us (switched us with one of the reveller's rooms), given they must have known about the Wedding party in advance... We had booked three months prior to our arrival. To which she replied, they were fully booked....?!?

Despite the management's lapse in customer care, we still recommend the Microtel, just request a room sufficiently far from the conference/meeting room directly adjacent to the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid anything near the conference room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank top_travellers_117
noblesville, in
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I want to start by saying that the staff were excellent. Everyone was friendly from the desk clerk to the cleaning staff in the elevator. However, we were disappointed overall with our stay. The bed was fine, but no King size here. Also, the pillows were HUGE, way to tall to sleep comfortably on for both myself and my husband. So, bring your own! Also, we forgot our pack n' play so had to borrow the hotel's- it was very filthy. I think it was dried up milk, or worse, perhaps baby barf. I went ahead and cleaned it myself instead of complaining, no biggie there. I went down to the front desk to borrow a sheet for it, they didn't have the sheet to fit it but she happily gave me a bed sheet to fold up and it worked in a pinch. We were given a handicapped room, not sure why! It was not the best with a toddler because every switch etc was within her reach. Again, no biggie but be sure if you have a toddler to tell them you do not want a handicap room.
My biggest complaint was the shower. Hardly any water pressure, the temp seemed to fluctuate, and there were unidentified black curly hairs on the shower head! (It was the hand held type since it was a handicap room so I will let you decide what you think the hairs were from). This was probably a simple oversight from housekeeping, but needless to stay it started off my shower badly!
I hate to add even more, but the breakfast was also a disappointment. They do not promise a full-fledged breakfast, but normally at these types of breakfasts you get at least one protein option, even if its just peanut butter. Unfortunately, we could not find anything like this. There were carbs carbs carbs, and lowfat yogurt. So, we did not save money on breakfast as planned and had to try out the local breakfast restaurants. (There is a Shoney's and Waffle House nearby, but we drove one exit up to Cracker Barrel).
Honestly I am the type of person to really try hard to find the best in things, but this hotel made it hard! Other than the staff I did not like it. I will note that we normally stay in higher-end hotels so that might be part of my difficulty in enjoying this one. Our normal hotel in the area was booked up so we went with Manchester to be closer to my in-laws.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank n-villemom
TonyaKeener, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
I would like to thank you for acknowledging the staff, they work hard and are excellent with customer service. I am sorry you found our beds and pillows below your standards, they are actually the foundation of the room. We have DreamWell bedding which is highly praised in the industry, but it is accurate that all Microtels have Queen size beds only. The pillows are fluffy, I agree as a person who like a very flat pillow because I am a belly sleeper, but 99% of our guests love them. I have posted a new rule for housekeeping to open all pack n plays upon removing them from a room to check for stains and general use, this is due to your observations and we appreciate the feedback. As for the breakfast, we have expanded ours beyond the standards to please our customers. We do not advertise a protein based breakfast and there are many carbs on the bar, but we do provide fresh fruit and yogurt for those who need something lighter than the biscuits and gravy and waffles.
As always every review helps us grow and I appreciate the feedback.

Tonya Keener - G.M
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Stayed here a year ago and gave it a glowing review. This time around it wasn't so good. Nice desk staff, but room had not been vacuumed and needed shampooing and the bathroom had numerous cleanliness issues. Bathroom door was incredibly noisy. Bedding seemed quite clean.

Price was great, but I would check the other new hotels in Manchester first.

Room Tip: Would request top floor due to sound issues
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Please accept our appology for the condition of the room. We strive to go above and beyond for each and every customer and it seems that we let you slip through the cracks. I would like to ask you to stay with us again on your next trip through and see if this was a one weekend incident due to housekeeping not being checked as it should have been. Sometimes people get in a hurry and miss things on busy weekends. Again, please give us another chance to make it up to you.

Tonya Keener - G.M.