“Worst Hotel Experience Ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My friend and I had checked into a room after Bonnaroo had ended two summers ago because we desperately wanted to sleep in a comfortable bed. Worst mistake.

We entered the hotel to a young girl sitting behind the counter who did not work for Quality Inn, but seemed to be a friend or daughter of an employee. When an actual employee showed up, she checked us into a room which had small red ants crawling around in the bathroom.

My friend and I were immediately disgusted and did not feel comfortable sleeping in a room with ants crawling all over the place. I phoned the front desk to notify the receptionist of the problem, in which the young girl who was not an employee answered the phone. When the real employee came to check out the room, she agreed that the ants were unacceptable.

My friend and I decided to leave, choosing not to stay the night. Before leaving I asked the receptionist if my Visa card would be charged for the one hour we were in the room for. She replied "no," that there was absolutely no charge for the hour that we were there.

Low and behold, a month later as I was checking my Visa statement, my card had been charged without my authorization, $40.00 US (which came out to over $50.00 Canadian), for the room I was in for less than an hour. I immediately phoned the hotel and asked to speak with a manager. The receptionist who answered said the manager was on vacation and asked if she could help with anything. I explained what had happened the night I was there, and after I was done explaining, the receptionist flat out denied everything I had just told her, saying she would not refund me my money, and that I was wrong about everything.

I was furious. I tried phoning two other separate times in an attempt to speak with a manager. The receptionist who kept answering would not help and offered different excuses as to why I could not speak with a manager. Each time I demanded my money to be refunded.

After three strikes I contacted my Visa company to report the unauthorized charge to my Visa. Quality Inn refused to communicate with me in order to solve my problem and wrongfully charged me for a room I spent an hour in!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank crbayko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The location and outside appearance of the hotel is ok. The check in was slow as the clerk seemed to be trying to converse with another woman.. maybe the manager?? I felt like I was "in the way" at the moment I arrived. The room was basic, but needed some work. The A/C vent looked partially filled with dust or something, and the bathroom vent also contained a lot of dust. I would have slept better if there was a comforter or nice duvet--- the covers were very thin.

The breakfast we pretty good--- real sausage and grits, and biscuits, plus normal stuff.

Oddly enough at check out, the same women that was chatting with the clerk was again distracting the clerk while I was trying to leave. I did learn that they sold 32 rooms that night, though. With cleaner rooms and an attentive staff, they might have sold more?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Bloomer, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We travel to florida and need a place to just sleep and we travel with pets. We arrived late and we were very tired otherwise we would have left and checked in at another motel! When we entered our room,it was a ajoining room and the door frame was busted from the inside of our room to the ajoining room could not even lock it,so we put a chair up against the door,good thing the other room wasn't rented out,did not feel safe! There was dirt along all the baseboards,looked like it wasn't even cleaned,alot of dust and even found a dime laying along the floor so was it even cleaned. Bathroom floors were dirty and mildew,whoever does the cleaning should find another job,because I could even wipe up the dirt along the baseboards! Then to really top it off we got up early to take a shower and we had no hot water! It was like 4:00 A.M. and no one at the front desk to even help us out with the water problem so we didn't even get to shower! I did read the reveiws before booking this and we have stayed at Quality Inns before ,but never again! I can't believe the franchise would let whoever owns this place to even operate it! I didn't even want my pets to walk around the carpet,afraid they might pick up something! Worse stay we have ever had!

Room Tip: would never suggest this place to anyone!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John L
Lawrenceville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there during Thanksgiving holiday. Staff was friendley and welcoming to my family. Food was hot and fresh, especially the waffles. Room was clean, and beds were comfortable. We thought location was well lite and safe.A old ramanda inn but priced good for an older building.

• Stayed November 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife & I were at this place for one night. we found: mildew in the shower, unable to control the shower temp., fan didn't work, the dirt in the cornors of the bathroom had been there for a long time . carpet stains & dirty, I am sorry that we didn't leave after checking in, but it was late. At check out I told the clerk about the problems, she made no effort to write the things I mentioned down, the complaints were not new to her.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WmBrenner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a Very pleasant stay. Bed sheets were very clean and bed very comfortable. The front staff was more than pleasant and very nice to work with. The breakfast was not too shabby either. I think the price was right for the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a good overnight stay before reaching Atlanta. Room was somewhat dated but comfortable and more than adequate. We did not use the pool or partake the breakfast since we left very early the next morning. If you leave early in the morning you can get through Atlanta before the rush-hour traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family