“GREAT place to stay!!!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Southaven
“GREAT place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I truy enjoyed my stay there with my family! We broke down and had to stay there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They let us stay in the lobby until our reservation came through on there system. My room was very clean and it was truly a great experience. The food was good for continental breakfast. If I am ever than again, I would stay again!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I stayed here while visiting a sick friend in the next town over. The Hampton there was $50 more per night. Now I know why. As others have said, this is a motel, not a hotel, with exterior corridors. If I'd realized it while I was booking, I would have stayed elsewhere. I was running late when I got there so I just did a drop and go first. When I did get back to the room, I realized that it had that musty "wet dog" smell. You quickly get used to it. The nightstand hadn't been cleaned as there were sticky rings from someone's soda plus several strands of long hair (mine is short). I wiped it off thoroughly with a wet rag. I also had a room with a cracked sink. The property definitely needs some work. Location to the interstate was good as was the Cracker Barrel next door. Bedding was very comfortable as you do expect from a Hampton. Bathroom is small and cramped. I was toweling off and stood up and hit my head on the towel holder. As another person mentioned, you can find the staff outside smoking a lot of the time too. Internet was fine, although a bit weak. I will probably be going back that way, but I'll either stay at the other Hampton, or one of the Choice hotels. I did discuss this when I checked out and we settled on a one night free (I was there 2 nights) compensation. They do keep a jar of dog treats by the desk which I thought was cute.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We've stayed at Hamptons in the past but this wasn't like any we have stayed in--outside room entrances, older but redone rooms. The decor appeared dated but very well kept. There was a refrig in the room which was a definite plus, no microwave. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was fine. Two negatives--the internet didn't work in our room and the staff service could have been better. We were given a 'booster' to try for the internet. When that didn't work, we were given some service number to call. One would think the hotel would call for service. When we went to check out, my husband had to hunt down an employee as they were all outside smoking. This is a decent motel but taking a little more pride in providing good service would make it much better.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Cumberland, Maine
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We recently spent the night here on a trip to see our son who attends Sewanee. It's only a 30 minute drive from campus. The hotel room was clean, not spotless, the bathroom was clean and the bed was actually very comfortable. There is a Cracker Barrel next door if you need it - and it is an easy on and off of Interstate 24. We've stayed in many hotels for college visits, and this one is just fine.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We stayed here on our way home from a 3 week vacation in Florida. We needed 2 rooms (4 adults and a small dog). We were also pulling our boat and needed parking for it. I found this Hampton online and we made advanced reservations and honestly did not know what to expect. We were quite happy when we checked in and saw our rooms. Very clean, beds are wonderful and probably the nicest beds we've stayed in during our travels. Yes, it appears to be a converted Quality Inn but our rooms (105 & 111) were completely remodeled and very nice. There is a Cracker Barrel next door, shared parking with them for boat and trailer parking. Will stay here on my trips to Florida from now on.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 30 October 2008

After spending one night at the Ambasador INN in a room and bed from Hell..we moved to the Hampton INN. Wonderful bed, nice breakfast, wonderful staff, and the location is pertect, right off Interstate 24. Good food nearby..$89.00 AARP rate...we will stay there every time we go to Lynchburg to see Jack...

• Liked — Fantastic Beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rbepor
Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I did a lot of review searching before my trip to Florida via I-24/I-75. Chose the Hampton Inn and wasn't disappointed. This may be an older hotel, but it was worth the $120 we paid. First, I needed a dog-friendly hotel (traveled with my daughter and 2 well behaved family dogs) and second, wanted someplace that supplied breakfast. This Hampton fulfilled both needs. Greeted warmly upon arrival and given a 1st floor non-smoking room. Yes, the tile work in the bath was awful, but the place was clean and quiet. Breakfast was not stellar but more than adequate. Lots of choices and good food. Staff was very friendly and always had smiles and kind words.

Would I stay again? Probably, and definitely would recommend this place to anyone traveling with pets. This is an older hotel that probably wasn't originally a Hampton. It's nothing like any other Hampton I've been to but it was still a good place to spend the night.

• Liked — Convenient and pet friendly
  • Disliked — terrible tile work in bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!